Frenchman gets 'third face' in new transplant
The first person in the world to receive two facial transplants says he is feeling well, three months after his latest groundbreaking operation.
Jérôme Hamon had his first transplanted face removed last year after signs of rejection following a treatment with an incompatible antibiotic during a cold.
The 43 year old remained in a hospital in Paris without a face for two months while a compatible donor was sought.
He said: "The first [face] I accepted immediately. This time it's the same."
Mr Hamon suffers from neurofibromatosis type 1, a genetic condition that caused severe... read more
- 14:26 500 homes planned for Millom in innovative scheme
- 14:25 Rural policing to come under scrutiny in study
- 14:26 First straws now single-use plastic, popular pub group makes...
- 14:25 ‘We won’t back hate speech’
- 14:25 Incident around colony of Black Headed Gull nests
- 14:25 Derbyshire company appears in court
- 14:24 New York urged to clarify state law to guard against Trump pardons
- 14:24 MPs from UK, France and Germany urge US not to scrap Iran deal
- 14:24 UK drives into e-vehicle fast lane with 11% sales rise
- 14:24 Shopper charged more than £930 for 11p banana
- 14:22 World Cup hairdos: Survey reveals the most iconic and worst...
- 14:22 500 homes planned for Millom in innovative scheme
- 14:22 VIDEO: 'Shocked' Mr Pothole complains over Banbury potholes after tour
- 14:21 Delays for motorists in Sudbury after crash involving Royal Mail...
- 14:21 ECB announces bizarre 100-ball format for flagship T20...
- 14:21 Survey to gauge new level of rural crime
- 14:20 Did neolithic man practice trepanning on cows?
- 14:19 Proof that people don’t listen to airplane safety...
- 14:18 Take to the road in a sportive
- 14:17 Elon Musk: Walking out of meetings, and other advice from tech gurus
- 14:17 England and New Zealand dispute over Brad Shields may end up in court
- 14:17 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has huge decision to make ahead of FA...
- 14:17 Celebrity tattooist Jay Hutton ties the knot with 'love of his...
- 14:17 ECB unveils plans for tournament with 100-ball format and 10-ball...
- 14:17 Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez rumbles on as MotoGP stars KEPT...
- 14:16 Gieves & Hawkes at The Red House
- 14:15 Registering EU citizens in UK needs proper strategy – thinktank
- 14:14 Man died at euthanasia clinic after ‘jealous girlfriend threw acid...
- 14:14 Buzz Aldrin did not see alien UFOs during 1969 Apollo moon mission
- 14:14 How to get a good night’s sleep when it’s hot