French train stations now have vending machines that dispense short stories to entertain you while you wait
There’s nothing worse than having to wait for your train when you’ve forgotten your book, all the free papers have gone, or you just don’t feel like falling down the rabbit hole of the Internet via your smartphone.
Which is why France’s idea to install free short story vending machines is genius.
The idea was trialled a year ago in the country’s Grenoble train station, where it went down so well that they decided to roll it out across more stations.
You simply choose your wait-time – one, three or five minutes – and the machine will dispense a story accordingly. All for free.
The stories... read more
- 07:56 Terminally ill South Shore woman dies after dream wedding
- 07:56 Man left with serious injuries after alleged assault at Staveley pub
- 07:56 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:55 Watchdog clamps down on online gambling
- 07:55 Pupils scoop silver at Gardener’s World
- 07:55 Radio station to host hospice charity’s business club
- 07:55 Martin Flanagan: Chancellor tries to ease Brexit concerns
- 07:53 Germans' purchasing power grows at slowest pace in more than three...
- 07:53 Video: Johnny Depp jokes about Donald Trump assassination
- 07:53 Tiemoue Bakayoko to Chelsea: Details include five-year deal and...
- 07:53 Safety concerns as Carlisle road cracks in heat
- 07:52 Tamworth FC: Time running out for early-bird offer
- 07:52 Tamworth FC's Louis is raring to go after his injury hell
- 07:52 Funding pot of up to £5,000 open for youth groups in South Holland...
- 07:52 British and Irish Lions can end New Zealand's unbeaten run at Eden...
- 07:51 UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 23
- 07:51 Premier League transfer gossip: Arsenal lead race for Kylian...
- 07:49 GCSE students shine at ArtWaves
- 07:49 Terrifying armed robbers traumatised family after they were held at...
- 07:48 Headbutt attack inside Notts pub caught on video
- 07:48 Disruption to Nottingham tram services due to tram failure
- 07:48 Trespassers on the tracks delay Nottingham trains
- 07:47 Manchester United’s Matteo Darmian calls Jose Mourinho to force...
- 07:47 VIDEO: Talented 14-year-old singer from Rippingale will appear on...
- 07:47 Trojans bid for hat-trick of Heavy Woollen Cup victories
- 07:46 Guest column: Grenfell Tower tragedy shows why cuts to emergency...
- 07:44 Action-packed weekend of entertainment at South Derbyshire's...
- 07:43 Foodies give £60m boost to Loch Lomond national park
- 07:42 Tories deny using Neath call centre to breach election law
- 07:42 MARKET REPORT: Pharma stocks cushion the blow as weak oil prices...