French MEP Jose Bove denied entry into Canada
A French activist and member of the European Parliament was detained by Canadian border officials after arriving in Montreal on Tuesday.
MEP Jose Bove said he was held for several hours at Trudeau airport before being allowed to go to his hotel.
The anti-globalisation activist, who represents France's Green Party, was told he must leave Canada on Wednesday.
Mr Bove believes he is being victimised due to his opposition to a trade deal between Canada and the European Union.
The Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) is a free-trade agreement that so far has not been ratified, but... read more
- 11:10 People are now getting freckles tattooed on their faces
- 11:10 Jamie Foxx 'target of racial slur' in Croatian restaurant
- 11:10 Fergus Ewing repeats warning over ticking Brexit clock
- 11:09 Court round-up: The latest cases from the region's courts
- 11:10 Royal Navy recruit from South Shields sails through first training...
- 11:09 VIDEO: Polish supermarket Tradycja opens up in Hanley
- 11:09 VIDEO: Peek inside Yates in Newcastle after £390k refurbishment
- 11:09 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Bojan can go, Nzonzi is...
- 11:09 VIDEO: British Gas distribution hub hailed as its ‘jewel in the crown’
- 11:09 Musical ‘craze’ that didn’t die
- 11:08 Grandmother's desperate battle to stop Pit Bull killing her beloved...
- 11:07 Two men suffered head injuries following incident outside...
- 11:07 Fewest Londoners moving house since 1991, reports CML
- 11:07 Majority pay up as litter campaign still a priority
- 11:07 Hunters who accidentally shot one another blamed illegal immigrants
- 11:07 Scientists find the one key sign that you might be a really...
- 11:07 Mum who vomits up to 15 times an hour says rare illness has ruined...
- 11:06 Great entertainers: Which clubs have won the most Premier League...
- 11:06 Police release CCTV images after man attacked boy, 14, at bus stop
- 11:06 The best Easter egg in Britain is apparently a £15 one from Tesco
- 11:05 Chelsea will learn if they’ve landed Sead Kolasinac ‘soon’ says agent
- 11:04 Kodi: What's legal and what isn't
- 11:04 Hate crime victims urged to contact South Yorkshire Police
- 11:02 Hundreds of jobs up for grabs at major Derby jobs fair at The Spot...
- 11:02 Covestro parent Bayer non-committal on any sale to industry peer
- 11:02 How to make a pothole claim: RAC advice for Burton and South...
- 11:01 Fuelled by Olympic momentum, young Hungarian group aims for parliament
- 11:01 Stroll With Stu: New species of giant moorland bird found in valley...
- 11:01 Sevilla star Adil Rami opens up on his tough upbringing and how he...
- 11:01 You could live in a cottage just four miles from Nottingham city...