French mayor tries to shut down pro-migrant charity claiming it is spreading 'communism'
Fabien Engelmann is the far-right mayor of Hayange, a northern town located near the Franco-Belgian border.
He claims Secours Populaire employees, whose job it is to help fight poverty, are using the organisation’s "charitable reputation" to meddle in politics and impose their far-left beliefs.
Mr Engelmann is also accusing Anne Duflot-Allievi, the charity’s regional president, of spreading pro-migrant propaganda after finding out she had helped an anti-nationalist association host a dinner for refugees.
He said: “These people are promoting communist ideology.”
For more than 10... read more
- 16:55 Coventry City going to Wembley: Calm restored at Butts Park Arena
- 16:53 Car on fire after crash with lorry on M40 near Warwick services
- 16:53 Former head teacher charged with sexual offences against adults
- 16:53 Prestatyn grandfather stepped in front of train to end torture of...
- 16:53 Take part in charity Swimathon at Melton Waterfield Leisure Centre
- 16:52 Prince Harry draws crowds to Newcastle's Quayside on whirlwind visit
- 16:52 Bridgen calls for Trump apology from House of Commons speaker John...
- 16:52 Was James Bond caught parking illegally in Leicester?
- 16:52 Liverpool plot shock move for £18m West Ham star: Jurgen Klopp has...
- 16:52 MP’s support for councillor
- 16:52 A secret floor, a chauffeur-driven Tesla and exclusive ocean views:...
- 16:52 Tourist in Thailand faces up to a year in prison for 'feeding...
- 16:52 Xbox Scorpio NEWS: Microsoft makes plans for FLASHY new dashboard
- 16:52 Wheel-y neat: Tube-style map reveals how London's web of cycle...
- 16:52 Deadpool 2 news: Rumoured Domino star Kerry Washington RESPONDS to...
- 16:52 You can marry a dog in India and identify as a dragon in Russia:...
- 16:51 Three-car crash causes delays on the A52
- 16:51 Renault unveil 2017 F1 car for the new season that Britain's Jolyon...
- 16:50 Chart-topping American hip-hop star confirms Nottingham date on...
- 16:50 Which Nottingham pub has become a weddings venue?
- 16:49 Challenge Cup draw ‘a real challenge’ for Coventry Bears
- 16:49 Firm enjoys sweet taste of success
- 16:49 Stargazers set to benefit from new observatory in Kielder
- 16:49 Vile Doncaster paedophile jailed for raping young teenager who fell...
- 16:48 On The Wildside
- 16:48 Searching for the lost village of Bunkle
- 16:48 Berwickshire High School reunion planned
- 16:47 Man proposes to girlfriend with beautiful poem tattooed on...
- 16:47 Fleetwood MP inspires students during visit to Rossall
- 16:47 Concert tomorrow to promote folk singer’s new album