French manufacturing decline eases in September - PMI
French manufacturing activity declined at its slowest pace in seven months in September, coming closer to stabilising than initially reported, a survey showed on Monday.
Data compiler Markit said its final purchasing managers' index rose to 49.7 in September from 48.3 in August. That was
slightly better than a preliminary reading of 49.5 and brought the index within a hair of the 50-point line dividing expansions in activity from contractions.
"The French manufacturing sector broadly held its ground in September, eking out marginal output growth and seeing the pace of decline in new... read more
- 14:08 You won’t believe what Gerard Pique said to this Barcelona player
- 14:08 Hector Bellerin reveals Arsenal's dressing room mood ahead of...
- 14:08 Roman Abramovich meets Antonio Conte at Stamford Bridge… this is why
- 14:06 The staggering number of drivers who believe running a red light is...
- 14:06 Body recovered from river in Leeds is believed to be missing man
- 14:06 This is why Boris Johnson used the word "mugwump" to describe...
- 14:06 Worskop girls sing up for ‘ginormous’ Girlguides choir
- 14:06 How to lower blood pressure: Cutting SALT from your diet could be...
- 14:05 Surprise! This Owl’s long legs could rival any supermodel
- 14:05 N’Golo Kante on shortlist with Antoine Griezmann for best overseas...
- 14:05 Search called off for man missing in River Lune
- 14:05 Airbus £4.6bn China deal helps secure position as global leader
- 14:04 These supercars drove to Nottingham with some very special passengers
- 14:04 Man United prepared to meet mega release clause: This summer...
- 14:04 CCTV APPEAL: Theft from St Annes shop
- 14:03 M&S food store plans
- 14:03 Blaze at cancer research unit
- 14:03 Dedicated scout Ossie earns highest honour
- 14:03 Arsenal defender Laurent Koscielny is an injury worry for north...
- 14:03 Operatic Society's producer retires
- 14:03 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic shrugs off HMRC raid as he has more...
- 14:03 Euro markets jump on optimistic notes from ECB
- 14:03 Charity ordered to keep better records
- 14:03 Arsenal legend Thierry Henry gives damning verdict on the position...
- 14:03 Suspected U.S. drone strike targets Pakistani Taliban militants -...
- 14:03 Appeal for information after crash between pedestrian and unknown...
- 14:03 School fight 'Trump' row
- 14:03 Liz is lining up against the best
- 14:02 Economy’s ‘resilience’ gives housebuilders a boost
- 14:02 OPEC output cuts whet Asia's appetite for North Sea oil