French Alps 'horror film' crash burns victim wins payout
A woman who suffered burns to 96% of her body in a crash in France has won a £1m-plus settlement.
Catrin Pugh, 22, from Rossett, Wrexham, was returning from a ski season, when a coach burst into flames, killing the driver and injuring passengers.
She was given a one in 1,000 chance of survival, spent three months in a coma and has had 200 operations since the French Alps crash in 2013.
The seven-figure settlement was reached with the owner of the coach firm.
Her bus crashed as it travelled down a steep mountain road which features 21 hairpin bends near Alpe d'Huez, killing the 63-year-old... read more
- 07:09 Bob Mortimer: my doctor said I'd have a heart attack on stage
- 07:08 Man charged over robbery of woman, 85, in north Derbyshire
- 07:08 Standing up for rail service
- 07:08 Spread the green suburbs across the city
- 07:08 Graffiti at Square
- 07:08 Grave matters at Sheffield Cathedral
- 07:08 The yeast from the east: six wines to try from eastern Europe
- 07:08 Seven ways to improve your memory
- 07:08 How IVF became a licence to print money
- 07:06 How to change a light bulb
- 07:04 From 1966 to Lineker’s hat-trick: England’s best-ever World...
- 07:04 England’s worst-ever performances at the World Cup
- 07:03 Mexico partied so hard after victory over Germany they set off...
- 07:01 Arsenal transfer news: Lucas Torreira deal close, Sky Sports man...
- 07:01 Man Utd transfer news: Real Madrid ace Toni Kroos 'opens door' on...
- 07:00 England World Cup quiz: How much do you know about the squad?
- 06:59 Carriageway closed on M55 after crash
- 06:59 Birmingham's silent killer - 900 a year die but nobody talks about it
- 06:59 The Birmingham children spending half a year living in B&Bs
- 06:59 Birmingham dad left paralysed 'minutes after being discharged' from...
- 06:53 Liverpool transfer news: Jurgen Klopp has convinced starlet Rhian...
- 06:53 Leeds Council member for children joins Yorkshire-wide call for...
- 06:53 City hosts celebration of the vegan lifestyle
- 06:53 Watch classic movies under the stars in Leeds city centre
- 06:47 Counterfeiting story is the real deal, say prize judges
- 06:47 Glasgow’s ‘ring’ of rock art sheds light on prehistory
- 06:46 Seals forced to dive off cliffs after yobs start throwing rocks...
- 06:42 Tannery goes hell for leather for expansion
- 06:42 Debit card payments overtake cash
- 06:42 John Lewis trial buy-back scheme for clothing