Free flu vaccinations for thousands of primary pupils across Leicestershire
A programme to protect thousands of primary school children from flu this winter gets underway after half-term.
All youngsters, aged five to 11 are entitled to the nasal flu vaccination.
In some parts of the country the immunisation is only offered to pupils in years one to three.
However, in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland - which was one of the areas where the scheme was tested - it is offered to all children in years one to six.
Suzanne Leatherland, flu immunisations lead for the Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust, carrying out the vaccinations, said: "Once again we have a... read more
- 17:01 Agreement with airport aims for better transport links
- 17:01 M1 crash deaths: Lorry driver 'twice drink-drive limit'
- 17:01 NRA's Wayne LaPierre echoes Trump's plan to arm teachers
- 17:00 Celtic captain Scott Brown is already 'Russia's favourite Scotsman'...
- 17:00 North Tyneside man jailed for burglary and assault
- 16:59 BREAKING: Car ploughs into group of children in Slovakia – 12 injured
- 16:59 Morty’s 1953 FA Cup final hat-trick ball makes five grand at auction
- 16:58 Delays on M53 following collision between lorry and car
- 16:58 Conference on investing set to arrive in Edinburgh
- 16:58 BBC TV licence fee to rise by £3.50 in April
- 16:58 Harrogate's women-led festival of beer
- 16:58 Ambulance crew save Leeds toddler’s life as his heart stops for...
- 16:58 Roger Federer WILL take on Rafael Nadal at French Open: Maclagan...
- 16:58 Man Utd news: Is this the reason Alexis Sanchez has struggled since...
- 16:58 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho wants Lionel Messi friend if he lets...
- 16:57 Lewis Hamilton prepared for rivalry with Sebastian Vettel to become...
- 16:55 Deadline extended on Melton Trumpton cash appeal
- 16:54 Murderer tried to kill second woman during release from prison for...
- 16:54 Homes targeted in Perry Barr after three burglaries in one night
- 16:54 Imam responds in perfect way to being racially abused on train
- 16:54 West Bromwich Albion vs Huddersfield: Team news, kick off time, TV...
- 16:54 I call on Ireland and Britain to break the Stormont deadlock
- 16:53 Almost 270 jobs put at risk under Swinton Insurance plans to close...
- 16:53 Thank you, antidepressants, for helping me keep my sh*t together
- 16:53 MailOnline Fantasy Football: Four stars to sign ahead of the big...
- 16:53 Channel 5 ordered to pay £20,000 damages to evicted couple
- 16:53 Steven Gerrard admits he is still adjusting to life at Liverpool...
- 16:53 How to apply for Don't Tell The Bride as E4 series looks for...
- 16:52 Council agrees budget, council tax to rise
- 16:51 Ambulance crew save Leeds toddler’s life as his heart stops for...