Fraudster conned flood-hit golf club
A fraudster who conned a flood-ravaged north Cumbrian golf club out of almost £6,500 has been spared immediate prison.
Jack Bulman, 25, submitted bogus invoices to Eden Golf Club for work he had not done.
Carlisle Crown Court heard Bulman initially did carry out legitimate rebuilding and improvement duties at the damaged Crosby-on-Eden site earlier this year.
But then, over a three-month period, he forged a signature and submitted 12 invoices to make a gain of £6,408.
Recorder Michael Murray was told the golf club had been left "devastated" by Storm Desmond in late 2015.
Bulman... read more
- 07:11 Aston Villa transfers: Medical staff member teases signing...
- 07:11 Liverpool FC transfer rumours: Midfielder targeted, Daniel...
- 07:11 Labour candidate calls on Prime Minister to visit hospital
- 07:11 Police concerned for the welfare of missing north Cumbrian woman
- 07:11 Plans to develop historic Carlisle site welcomed
- 07:11 Ripley delighted as Northants sign England Under 19 skipper on loan
- 07:11 Stan Wawrinka sees off Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in straight sets to...
- 07:09 Teaching 'weakest aspect' of education in Wales - Estyn
- 07:09 Top execs of Abu Dhabi's Etihad airline group to quit amid strategy...
- 07:08 Chester man's depraved killer must spend the rest of his life...
- 07:08 Tottenham key men reveal all on Man United transfer rumours: This...
- 07:08 Liverpool legend: Jurgen Klopp must make this tactical change at...
- 07:08 Talksport presenter: I heard this Man United transfer will happen
- 07:07 Woman survives chip pan blaze in Sheffield
- 07:07 Virgil van Dijk injury update: Southampton boss admits star man...
- 07:07 South Yorkshire Police search for missing man
- 07:07 Yellow warning for fog in Derby as Met Office cautions driving...
- 07:07 Breaking news: Burst water main on busy Derby road
- 07:05 Campaign to attract more teachers to Northamptonshire
- 07:04 Man United Transfer News: Chelsea to gazump £38m deal, winger...
- 07:02 Why much loved tree could be set for reprieve after all
- 06:58 Live: Breaking news from Liverpool and Merseyside Tuesday January 24
- 06:58 Stan Wawrinka storms into Australian Open semi-finals after fiery...
- 06:57 Edgar House in Chester named Europe's most romantic hotel
- 06:55 Transfer News: Hart to Chelsea, Man Utd deal sanctioned, shock...
- 06:54 Horse riders say they’re dicing with death because of speeding drivers
- 06:54 Union claims South Tyneside schools face £4million-plus funding...
- 06:54 Motorists react with anger to advertising sign
- 06:53 Council planning notices
- 06:53 Woman pulled from house blaze in Northumberland