Frankie Dettori insists Order of St George shouldn't be underestimated despite defeat in Irish Leger
Frankie Dettori insists Order of St George, his 28th ride in the Qatar Prix de L’Arc de Triomphe on Sunday, should not be underestimated despite his shock defeat in the Irish Leger last month.
The reverse at odds of 1-7 at the hands of Dettori-ridden Wicklow Brave ended a six-race winning sequence for an Aidan O’Brien-trained 16-1 shot which was an impressive winner of the two and a half mile Gold Cup at Royal Ascot in June.
Dettori, 45, said: ‘I’m delighted to get the ride – I wanted to carry on the tradition. I have ridden in every Arc since I was 17 apart from when I broke my leg. It... read more
- 13:43 EU rejects Irish border proposals and says Brexit talks could still...
- 13:43 Arsene Wenger was like a squatter... he outstayed his welcome and...
- 13:42 Rise in assaults on staff reveals intolerable pressure on NHS
- 13:42 Man sought by Cumbria Police in connection with attempted arson...
- 13:41 Boy, 16, ‘deliberately started house fire that killed his mother, 32’
- 13:41 Scottish Power to hike energy prices for 1 million customers
- 13:40 How to make your property stand out from the street with a bold...
- 13:39 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:38 Antonio Conte reacts to Arsene Wenger’s decision to quit Arsenal
- 13:38 Colne toddlers raise £600 with three-mile sponsored walk
- 13:37 German supreme court rejects ad-block challenge
- 13:36 Mum claims son, 6, told ‘he’s not black enough to wear conditioner’...
- 13:36 What's next for Arsene Wenger? Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain...
- 13:36 Arsene Wenger's dream team: After 22 years at Arsenal, Sportsmail...
- 13:36 Beckton birthday acid attacker John Tomlin jailed for 16 years
- 13:36 Sheffield school issues warning about flasher
- 13:36 Nissan cuts posts at its Sunderland plant
- 13:34 Tommy Wright is not welcome at Dens Park, says Neil McCann
- 13:34 Superstar DJs: the best playlists curated by musicians
- 13:33 How long has Arsene Wenger been at Arsenal and how long was Sir...
- 13:33 VIDEO: Heroic Stratford mum Rachael honoured
- 13:33 Britrock tour comes to Birmingham
- 13:32 Sunderland v Burton Albion is not the only result Nigel Clough will...
- 13:32 Police on the hunt after woman was sexually assaulted in Preston
- 13:31 Bid for 325 new homes in Wigan moves a step closer
- 13:31 Shock at sudden death of popular ex-Wigan vicar
- 13:31 Turns out that caring about the environment makes you more attractive
- 13:29 SNP axes key oil and gas industry measure
- 13:28 Chester-born Daniel Craig to be a father again at 50
- 13:28 Are you ready to rock?