Frankie Dettori has 'no concerns' about riding in the Qipco British Champions Day at Ascot
Frankie Dettori is expected to be fit for Qipco British Champions Day at Ascot on Saturday despite suffering an injury scare just four days before at Leicester.
Dettori sustained a knee injury after his mount in the maiden broke loose under the stalls, but the rider's business manager Peter Burrell said his client was only 'bruised and sore'.
He is set to return to action at Nottingham on Wednesday when he has two booked rides.
Burrell said: 'He's bruised and sore, that's all.
'He's had a very long week, with a heavy month to come, but he's fine and will be riding at Nottingham.
'There are... read more
- 15:56 Liverpool star sends message to Jurgen Klopp ahead of West Brom clash
- 15:56 UPDATE: Missing nine-year-old found
- 15:55 Pogba Manchester United dream revealed by Chelsea boss Conte
- 15:55 U.S., UK growth data to give steer on monetary policy
- 15:55 Halifax sex offender ensnared by ‘paedophile hunters’
- 15:55 Gypsy folk-rock band with big reputation set for Marchington show
- 15:53 EU 'not capable' of signing Canada deal
- 15:53 How one woman overcame a debilitating stammer to follow her dream...
- 15:53 Court list: Who has been up before Scarborough magistrates?
- 15:52 Child seat product recalled over safety fears
- 15:52 Spooky goings-on on Pumpkin Path in Leamington town centre
- 15:52 Rafa Benitez: This is what being at the top of the Championship...
- 15:52 County Hall move ‘set for full council debate’
- 15:52 Devastation for family after tragic cat deaths
- 15:52 Snapped: Key man trains with Arsenal despite injury fears ahead of...
- 15:50 Battle of Britain Memorial centre faces funding change
- 15:50 Countdown to Horncastle Christmas Tree Festival
- 15:50 Readers’ letters
- 15:49 Missing Notts girl, 14, may be in Derbyshire
- 15:49 Air Ambulance scrambled to Alfreton ladder fall
- 15:49 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:48 Man was so high on drugs he could hardly remember his destructive...
- 15:47 Parks across Harrogate district up for national award
- 15:47 Church celebrates 50th anniversary
- 15:47 Northamptonshire gets share of 1,000 new 'nursing associates' being...
- 15:47 World stage for Spalding human rights defender’s cause
- 15:47 Councillor supports theatre group
- 15:46 Sunderland World War Two evacuee gives children a lesson in wartime...
- 15:46 Scream if you want to go faster... it’s the St Crispin Street Fair
- 15:46 Pontoon plan to revive Stirling’s harbour link to the Forth