France skin graft: Twin's skin saves man with 95% burns
A man who almost died after suffering burns on 95 per cent of his body is now in recovery thanks to a skin graft from his twin brother, French doctors say.
The 33-year-old Frenchman, known only as Franck, had an accident at work in September 2016.
He arrived at hospital in critical condition with deep burns and within a week had received the first skin graft from his twin.
Because they are genetically identical the donor skin was not rejected.
This is not the first twin-on-twin skin transplant, but it is the first to cover such a large area, Maurice Mimoun told AFP news agency.
Mr Mimoun is... read more
- 13:11 Mayor uses own deciding vote - to re-elect himself
- 13:11 Bristol City striker banned for spitting at Birmingham City ace
- 13:11 Victory for campaigners as housing plans for Sunderland's West Park...
- 13:11 Sunderland music festival backs forces veterans' support group
- 13:10 Mirfield's new mayor promises task force for a brighter future
- 13:08 What is a Humanist funeral? Dale Winton to be laid to rest at...
- 13:07 Melton friends set their sights on China trek for Dove Cottage
- 13:06 MANCHESTER ARENA ATTACK ONE YEAR ON: How the anniversary is being...
- 13:06 Family fun day for firefighter Stefan in Gainsborough
- 13:06 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 13:06 Fears for future of hen harriers after second bird vanishes in Cumbria
- 13:06 Man accused of launching "vicious attack" on his friend in a hotel...
- 13:06 Yorkshire rail strikes confirmed this week: What days will trains...
- 13:04 West Midlands Mayor Andy Street wants control of hundreds of...
- 13:04 2018 World Cup: Harry Kane named England captain - reaction
- 13:03 Millom Park Run members take on a different type of challenge
- 13:03 Barrow man banned from ringing 999 'unless in life-threatening...
- 13:03 Fears for future of hen harriers after second bird vanishes in Cumbria
- 13:02 Cheshire police boss backs campaign to tackle mental health issues...
- 13:02 DERBY FAN’S VIEW: disloyal Rowett is jumping ship when we need...
- 13:01 Arsenal new home kit for 2018/19: Check out Puma shirt for next season
- 13:01 BBC Coventry and Warwickshire presenter Bob Brolly suffers stroke
- 13:01 Police say missing Coventry schoolboy has been found safe and well
- 13:01 NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY COUNCIL: Orthodontist service expansion
- 13:01 Watch terrifying moment a cyclist is ambushed by masked gang...
- 13:01 Senior Catholic bishop convicted of covering up child sex abuse
- 13:01 Police give uninsured pregnant driver lift to hospital, then seize...
- 13:00 On the up! New indoor climbing centre set to open in Leeds
- 12:59 MP Richard Burden asks why Government failed to support Gaza inquiry
- 12:59 Remembering Martyn Hett after #BeMoreMartyn opens