France says Congo election delay not answer to crisis
A decision to push back presidential elections in Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) to 2018 is not the answer to the crisis there and risks fuelling an escalation in violence, French foreign minister Jean-Marc Ayrault said.
The Constitutional Court in Democratic Republic of Congo said on Monday it had approved a petition by the electoral commission to delay a presidential election set for November, allowing President Joseph Kabila to remain in office until April 2018.
"There is only way to get out of the crisis and that is that president does not present himself and arranges... read more
- 09:44 Harrogate MP Andrew Jones on new business role within government
- 09:44 Like him or not, Trump must visit
- 09:44 West Bromwich Albion star 'should stay' at Walsall - but Glasgow...
- 09:44 "He needs to play" - Aston Villa transfer target ALLOWED to leave
- 09:44 Coach Trip is back - and it wants Brummie contestants for new series
- 09:44 Here comes Fionn! Weather warning as fresh storm heads to Blackpool
- 09:42 Rapper targeted in arson attacks over 'disrespectful' songs and...
- 09:42 Two arrested after knife attack at Carlisle takeaway
- 09:41 Drink-drive offender was spotted driving through a red light
- 09:40 Seth Rollins brings back the Curbstomp, Chris Jericho to return:...
- 09:40 Court listings 16/01/18
- 09:40 UK inflation rate falls slightly
- 09:40 New Notts partnership saves fraud victims £.25m
- 09:39 Watch what Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez could bring to Manchester...
- 09:38 We pay for the FENCE! May fires back at Macron over claims UK...
- 09:38 Documentary to turn spotlight on ‘mate crime’
- 09:38 Thug threatened to bite and spit at police while claiming he was...
- 09:37 Top Kosovo Serb politician Oliver Ivanovic shot dead
- 09:37 Thief disturbed during burglary at Wellingborough house
- 09:37 Chorley Court Listings - Tuesday January 16 2018
- 09:36 Harrogate MP Andrew Jones on new business role within government
- 09:36 PTSG’s results are set to be in line with board’s expectations
- 09:36 F1 logo could land authorities in LEGAL battle over copyright issue
- 09:36 Fresh Alexis Sanchez twist: Chelsea accept Man Utd will complete deal
- 09:36 NHS will actually get more than £350,000,000 a week after Brexit,...
- 09:35 Ancient buried village discovered in Derby field
- 09:35 Manchester United stars Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Romelu Lukaku...
- 09:35 OPINION: Most fans trust Gary Rowett so much he could sign the...
- 09:35 Hundreds turn out to remember former JMU student and six-month old...
- 09:35 VIDEO: Maryport Junior School celebrates Ofsted success