France confirms Alstom high-speed train orders
France's government confirmed to local officials on Tuesday that it was ordering 15 high-speed TGV trains plus six TGV trains for the Paris-Turin-Milan line from Alstom as part of a plan to keep production going at the trainmaker's historic Belfort plant, a source close to the matter said.
Under the plan the state will also invest into the Belfort plant to transform it into a maintenance centre serving the European market, the source said, confirming an earlier Reuters report.
The plan was presented by industry Minister Christophe Sirugue to local officials at a meeting in the eastern city... read more
- 00:53 Microsoft to increase UK prices of enterprise products, citing...
- 00:52 Gerard Butler, Venus Williams and Gordon Ramsey watch Lewis...
- 00:49 Scottish teachers begin strike action over workloads
- 00:47 Indyref2 is 'waste of time' until Scottish Government tackles...
- 00:46 Is vinegar the next SUPERFOOD? Grain and fruit varieties 'have good...
- 00:46 Dalbeattie Tennis Club hosts 2016 end of season awards evening
- 00:45 Monday interview: Brett Simpson, chief executive of Low & Bonar
- 00:45 Edinburgh’s office take-up shrugs off Brexit uncertainty
- 00:45 Call to help Dundee’s Waterfront progress
- 00:44 Doctors name treatments that bring little or no benefit
- 00:42 The media boss who swapped winning Oscars for kids TV
- 00:42 For AT&T, Time Warner was always on the menu
- 00:41 Ian Rankin: ‘I can’t imagine killing off Rebus’
- 00:41 Classical music review: St Andrews Voices, St Andrews
- 00:41 Heading footballs 'affects memory'
- 00:37 Manchester United legend Phil Neville blasts Paul Pogba and Ander...
- 00:37 'I can't wait for wedding I never had': Transgender Justine on...
- 00:37 Better bus services 'cut social deprivation'
- 00:35 Trainers and decorative flamingos kick CD racks off shopping lists
- 00:35 ‘Tornado’ image of starlings wins coveted photography competition
- 00:33 Modi sees election danger in India's 'Dalit Queen'
- 00:33 Top assist providers in Premier League history: Which Man Utd great...
- 00:29 What next after the Jungle?
- 00:28 AI predicts outcome of human rights cases
- 00:24 Scents of villainy, from Eden to an odiferous ancient Rome
- 00:24 ‘Neither independent nor impartial’
- 00:24 The tallest tree in the forest
- 00:24 Cricket: Broad awaits thrilling finale in Bangladesh
- 00:24 City top league after tough test against Southampton
- 00:24 Jose humiliated in return south