Fracking looms over Bassetlaw as councillors meet to debate drilling deal in Misson
0 Have your say Bassetlaw has moved a step closer to fracking following the announcement that councillors will meet to consider the district’s first planning application to drill for shale gas.
The application was submitted to Nottinghamshire County Council by Island Gas Limited, who are hoping to drill a former Cold War missile launch site off Springs Road in Misson, near Worksop.
There were 2,600 responses to a public consultation on the controversial plans, but the decision now lies in the hands of councillors who will debate at County Hall on Wednesday, October 5.
Sally Gill, planning... read more
- 17:08 Derby man faced 'six months of hell' when pricked by hypodermic...
- 17:08 Canada deer trapped in hammock still on the loose
- 17:08 Households '£400 worse off because of Brexit vote'
- 17:08 US to declare N Korea 'sponsor of terror'
- 17:08 It's Black & White episode 15: I'm a Derby County Writer... Get Me...
- 17:08 Teen cyclist taken to hospital with head injuries after crash near...
- 17:07 Racecourse groundstaff recognised by receiving national award
- 17:07 HUGE gun haul handed in to Sutton Coldfield police station
- 17:07 Lorry and car crash at Marston on A1
- 17:06 Virgin Trains puts 300,000 half-price East Coast tickets up for sale
- 17:06 Hundreds of homes in Hull are without power - updates
- 17:05 Delays on A1 near Leeds after three-car crash
- 17:05 Michael Cheika under investigation following conduct in Australia's...
- 17:05 Barcelona news: Lionel Messi aware of Real Madrid secret about...
- 17:05 Sven Mislintat: Potential Arsenal transfer targets with new head of...
- 17:05 Arsenal news: Nigel Winterburn makes Tottenham power shift claim -...
- 17:04 Hospice At Home West Cumbria's boss to retire
- 17:04 Roadworks in Carlisle: Here's where the temporary traffic lights are
- 17:04 Manchester City defender Eliaquim Mangala ready to step in for...
- 17:04 Stobart Group distribution centre at Carlisle Airport sold in £20m...
- 17:04 Crash blocks Wakefield road
- 17:04 Time is running out to sign up for Leicester's Got Talent 2017
- 17:04 Top apps for introducing your kids to music
- 17:04 Children as young as 12 using pocket money to buy "Snapchat" drug...
- 17:04 Richard Leonard: ‘I would support England over Scotland’
- 17:04 Brexit vote 'costing households £400 per year'
- 17:04 Gary Barlow Brings 2018 UK Tour To Scarborough Open Air Theatre
- 17:04 Bookmakers slash odds of a white Christmas as temperatures start to...
- 17:04 Burton partygoers invited to Chicago Rock Cafe reunion event
- 17:04 Right royal knees-up planned for Zoë’s Place Ball