Fracking debate reignited as first shipment of controversial shale gas arrives in Scotland
THE first shipment of controversial shale gas arrived in Scotland yesterday – reigniting a furious debate on fracking.
A tanker carrying ethane from the US sailed up the Forth to the Ineos refinery in Grangemouth.
The vessel arrived amid much fanfare, with a bagpiper on shore and tugs blowing arcs of water into the air on either side.
Ineos claim the gas will secure the future of Grangemouth’s 1300 workforce, and a further 9000 Scottish jobs.
The company said the shipment was the result of a £1.6billion investment in eight tankers that will form a “virtual pipeline” between the US and the... read more
- 13:50 Sex toys delivered to school
- 13:50 Four days of strike action announced by Northern rail workers in...
- 13:49 TSB customers share their experiences of IT crisis
- 13:49 Bayern Munich vs Real Madrid TV channel: How to watch Champions...
- 13:48 Is this America's most bizarre property? Inside the wacky 'whale...
- 13:48 Novak Djokovic OUT of the Barcelona Open after shock defeat to...
- 13:47 Verdict in trial of teenager accused of murdering boy, 17, in...
- 13:47 Summer education courses launched
- 13:47 Berwick hospital plans to be discussed at public meeting
- 13:45 The key to a long life isn’t money or genetics – it’s...
- 13:45 Tigers player “assisting police”, club confirms
- 13:44 Brexit Bill: David Davis hopeful of late deal with Holyrood
- 13:44 Students ‘shouted “My turn, my turn” as they gang-raped drunk girl...
- 13:44 ‘Skynet’ AI could launch nuclear apocalypse which will wipe out...
- 13:44 Chorley Costcutter turns a corner with new four-star food hygiene...
- 13:43 Go off air! Go Compare's Bill Monster advert can only be shown at...
- 13:42 World of Sport Wrestling to return to British TV screens
- 13:40 PMQs sketch: Fuming Yvette Cooper takes May to task over Windrush...
- 13:40 Plea to find thugs who shot a goose through the head with a crossbow
- 13:40 Arsene Wenger hints he was SACKED by Arsenal in mega revelation
- 13:40 Bomb squad drama: Police deny fire was rigged to hide removal of...
- 13:37 Jeremy Corbyn calls for Amber Rudd to resign over Windrush scandal
- 13:37 Arsene Wenger reveals timing of his exit after 22 years at Arsenal...
- 13:36 Ramsbottom schoolgirl wins national table tennis title
- 13:36 Do you know where missing boy from Wellingborough is?
- 13:35 Mum furious after pub tells her to 'control children or leave'
- 13:35 Man paid someone £500 to split his tongue in two
- 13:34 Mill Fields builds on its sales team with new hire
- 13:33 Man Utd star Alexis Sanchez takes stunning swipe at Arsenal
- 13:32 Prince William just dropped a huge hint over the royal baby name