Fracking campaigner: “This Government neither listens nor can it be trusted”
Anti-fracking campaigners have blasted the government for overturning three councils’ decisions to reject fracking in Fylde.
The Government has given the go-ahead for fracking at one site on the Fylde, but rejected an application for a second.
Pat Davies, chairwoman of Preston New Road Action Group, where fracking will go ahead, said: “This is a sad day as it is clear to all that this Government neither listens nor can it be trusted to do the right thing for local communities.
“It is deplorable that an industry that has been rejected on every level has inflicted itself on Preston New Road.... read more
- 01:09 Poppy Delevingne: Models face 'stigma' with acting
- 01:00 Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri believes trip to face Inter...
- 00:53 Some unusual variations on show in town
- 00:52 Half of Scarborough residents want to remain in single market...
- 00:44 Ambulance staff face rise in physical and verbal sexual assaults
- 00:44 Children of alcoholic parents to get help in £6m scheme
- 00:43 Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino admits he may DOWNGRADE FA Cup...
- 00:43 Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk serves up soothing Roma therapy...
- 00:43 Neymar told why he must join Real Madrid and cannot afford to stay...
- 00:42 One in eight birds is threatened with extinction, global study finds
- 00:42 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:42 Michael Cohen case shines light on Sean Hannity's property empire
- 00:42 Martin Lewis sues Facebook over fake ads with his name
- 00:41 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:34 What does a Trump-Macron bromance mean for the world?
- 00:32 Eliza excels at dressage competition
- 00:31 Labour promises four more bank holidays if it wins general election
- 00:29 Big rise in numbers of NHS Tayside clinical staff retiring early
- 00:28 How one woman started a cosmetics empire at 29
- 00:28 Interest rates to rise twice this year, says EY Item Club
- 00:26 Manzoor Pashteen: How Pakistan's Pashtun found a voice
- 00:26 Viewpoint: The pitfalls of India's biometric ID scheme
- 00:25 Andrew Landry clinches maiden PGA Tour title at Valero Texas open...
- 00:25 Atletico Madrid 0-0 Real Betis: Bore draw leaves La Liga title...
- 00:25 Serie A players wear red paint on their cheeks to help raise...
- 00:25 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:23 Derbyshire contestants wanted for The Family Chase
- 00:20 More than 60% of Harrogate residents would vote to remain in Europe...
- 00:20 Climate change: Michael Bloomberg offers $4.5m for Paris deal
- 00:15 St George’s Day: 5 other Georges worthy of being canonised as...