Fracking campaigner: “This Government neither listens nor can it be trusted”
0 Have your say Anti-fracking campaigners have blasted the government for overturning three councils’ decisions to reject fracking in Fylde.
The Government has given the go-ahead for fracking at one site on the Fylde, but rejected an application for a second.
Pat Davies, chairwoman of Preston New Road Action Group, where fracking will go ahead, said: “This is a sad day as it is clear to all that this Government neither listens nor can it be trusted to do the right thing for local communities.
“It is deplorable that an industry that has been rejected on every level has inflicted itself on... read more
- 07:15 Ten inspirational women from Hull who should have a statue like Amy
- 07:15 Sparkling performance sees Joanne Clifton top the leader board for...
- 07:15 What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Hull?
- 07:15 Cleethorpes Beer Festival proves a tasty day out - pictures
- 07:15 'We were fined at the Tesco St Stephen's car park'
- 07:15 Drone footage shows how the birds view Haile Sands Fort
- 07:15 Cocktail maker preparing to shake things up in Russia!
- 07:15 Crime hotspots: Latest figures reveal the top offences where you live
- 07:15 Revealed: Full cost of fly-tipping to taxpayers in Grimsby area...
- 07:13 Black Friday is back - when is this year's major sale event?
- 07:12 FARMING MATTERS: Self sufficient farmers wives
- 07:12 Lewis White and Adam Peaty are guests of honour as Derbyshire...
- 07:11 Councillor pledges to reverse any changes to taxi licensing if...
- 07:10 How Manchester United should line up vs Chelsea
- 07:10 How Man City should line up vs Southampton
- 07:10 With people out of work or suffering wage cuts this should be...
- 07:10 Blasts injure people in Japanese city
- 07:07 Big charity total raised by store staff
- 07:05 This test will determine just how much control your cat has over you
- 07:05 12 people on the quickest ways they’ve seen their friends mess up...
- 07:04 Opium crops spread in Afghanistan as Taliban gains ground, U.N. says
- 07:04 Ecuador’s Yasuni park: where oil vies with tourism for the rainforest
- 07:01 ScotRail goes from bad to worse despite promises from Abellio to...
- 06:57 Three quarters of parents think mobiles have negative effect on...
- 06:57 Migraine sufferers ‘should avoid processed meats and leafy greens’
- 06:57 BUSINESS EYE: Not our finest hour...
- 06:57 Center Parcs backs Tommy’s Super Sibling Award 2017
- 06:55 Lincolnshire Trading Standards warning over fireworks being...
- 06:42 Family of woman feared beaten to death in Israel smeared by Police...
- 06:47 Give A Pet A Home: Dogs at Animal Lifeline in need of homes