Four-year-old who went to the doctors complaining of an itch has 80 MAGGOTS removed from her ear
A four-year-old girl had 80 maggots removed from her ear as a result of living in dirty conditions.
Radhika Mandloi, from central India, started to suffer extreme pain and itching in her left ear last week.
Her parents initially dismissed her discomfort, but when she began crying continuously they took her to hospital.
Doctors were shocked to find a blow fly - attracted to bad smells - inside her ear which had laid around 80 larva.
They warned if she was left untreated for any longer the insects could have began to start eating at her brain - putting her life in danger.
Dr Raj Kumar... read more
- 15:06 The splendidly unpredictably world of terrier racing in Yorkshire
- 15:05 Liverpool, Aston Villa, Leeds United - the career so far of Burton...
- 15:04 Camber Sands death beach 'has hidden dangers'
- 15:04 Silver award for Northampton College for quality of its teaching
- 15:04 Woman racially abused by man on motorbike in Northampton
- 15:03 Sunderland school sets pupils on path to employment
- 15:02 Why Mohamed Salah is already the best finisher at Liverpool FC
- 15:02 'I didn't intend to kill him' says man accused of murdering David...
- 15:02 What I want my eldest child to know before he starts high school
- 15:02 Paolo Nutini to play Paisley Abbey to support town's City of...
- 15:01 When does Wimbledon 2017 start, when is the draw, order of play...
- 15:01 South Yorkshire students celebrate outstanding achievements
- 15:01 US STOCKS-Wall St boosted by tech stocks, rebound in oil prices
- 15:01 Former Brazilian finance minister Palocci to 12 years in prison
- 15:01 British folklore and fairy tales ‘dying out’
- 15:01 Eyewitness describes moment bomb disposal experts pulled up on his...
- 15:00 Ex-Bayern Munich goalkeeper joins Hartlepool United
- 15:00 Chance to vote for film to be screened at Hartlepool Waterfront...
- 14:59 VIDEO: Neighbour speaks of shock after man’s death on a Stanley...
- 14:59 RAF reserve Leeds nurse who helped saved motorway bridge fall man's...
- 14:59 One in five Brits would rather date a pet owner
- 14:59 Normanton schoolgirl Erin Connell impresses Pixie Lott on The Voice...
- 14:59 Oldest part of city set for a revamp
- 14:59 Tom Hardy poses for selfies at Nuneaton garage
- 14:59 Arsenal swapping Alexis Sanchez for Sergio Aguero won't be a good...
- 14:58 Patients relying on crowdfunding to buy wheelchairs, doctor warns
- 14:58 Happy birthday Bridlington library
- 14:58 Coach park move is one step closer
- 14:57 Where can I buy a Corbyn 'Nike' t-shirt that took Glastonbury by...
- 14:57 Man to appear in crown court charged with attacking police