Four-year-old boy almost dies after alternative treatment
A FOUR-YEAR-OLD boy ended up in A&E after and almost died after his parents gave him 12 alternative medicines, leading doctors to warn against such treatments.
He was admitted to Newham Hospital in east London after developing a fatal condition and losing 6.5lbs (3kg) in just three weeks. He has since made a full recovery.
The parents are said to be devastated after the boy was given supplements from a naturopath (natural health practitioner) over the course of a number of months, intended to treat his autism.
The supplements included Epsom bath salts, camel’s milk, silver and vitamin... read more
- 12:55 Labour shadow minister under fire over private remarks on Irish border
- 12:54 Sturgeon: Growth commission will 'restart' independence debate
- 12:54 Royal wedding 2018: Bouquet to lie on tomb of unknown warrior
- 12:54 Drivers face tougher MoT test and £1,000 fine if they ignore failures
- 12:54 Mersey Gateway ruling upheld – which means hundreds of fines could...
- 12:52 Sports director handed 50 day ban after almost colliding with Tour...
- 12:51 Sports director handed 50 day ban after almost colliding with Tour...
- 12:50 Saudi Arabia women's driving activists 'targeted in smear campaign'
- 12:48 Fire on open ground in Shirebrook
- 12:44 The Harrogate Mayor’s column with Councillor Anne Jones
- 12:44 Manchester United make £35m bid for Anderson Talisca as manager...
- 12:41 Can you pass the British citizenship test?
- 12:41 This Nuneaton microbrewery has been crowned best cider pub in...
- 12:41 Search for missing Coventry teen who failed to turn up for school
- 12:41 Why Meghan Markle 'will be pregnant before she can spell Leicester'
- 12:40 New UK law to rein in social media firms is 'couple of years' away,...
- 12:40 Best friends love the beach
- 12:38 Grass fire in Sutton
- 12:38 Fire on open ground in Shirebrook
- 12:38 West Brom defender being targeted by Premier League pair after...
- 12:38 'I've wanted to play in the Premier League' Wolves target confirms...
- 12:35 Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce appoints two new directors to its...
- 12:33 Everton plot ambitious £60m battle with Premier League heavyweights...
- 12:33 Flat fire in Buxton
- 12:33 Fire crews called to unattended bonfire in Denby
- 12:30 The Harrogate Mayor’s column with Councillor Anne Jones
- 12:30 Man Utd legend rips Alexis Sanchez apart in brutal comparison with...
- 12:30 MotoGP crash: Watch Cal Crutchlow THROWN off bike in ‘one of...
- 12:30 Girl who can not swim lucky to be alive after being swept out to sea
- 12:28 13 of Coventry's most beautiful buildings