Four-year high for number of under-age drivers crashing on UK roads
The number of under-age car drivers involved in crashes on Britain's roads has reached the highest level in four years, figures show.
Some 91 boys and girls under 17 years old were behind the wheel during accidents last year, according to Press Association analysis of Department for Transport data.
This represents a 30% spike compared with the previous year, and is the most since 103 were recorded in 2011.
Separate analysis by motoring research charity the RAC Foundation found that m ore than half (49) of the under-age drivers involved in crashes last year were injured, including one who... read more
- 17:05 Hannah Turtle jailed for life for murdering her baby son
- 17:04 'Easy fix' to 'dangerous' Northampton junction spotted by resident...
- 17:02 Man Utd star slammed for sleep walking through Sevilla clash
- 17:02 Mundell backs Scottish Tory MPs over 'hard Brexit' letter
- 17:01 Agreement with airport aims for better transport links
- 17:01 M1 crash deaths: Lorry driver 'twice drink-drive limit'
- 17:01 NRA's Wayne LaPierre echoes Trump's plan to arm teachers
- 17:00 Celtic captain Scott Brown is already 'Russia's favourite Scotsman'...
- 17:00 North Tyneside man jailed for burglary and assault
- 16:59 BREAKING: Car ploughs into group of children in Slovakia – 12 injured
- 16:59 Morty’s 1953 FA Cup final hat-trick ball makes five grand at auction
- 16:58 Delays on M53 following collision between lorry and car
- 16:58 Conference on investing set to arrive in Edinburgh
- 16:58 BBC TV licence fee to rise by £3.50 in April
- 16:58 Harrogate's women-led festival of beer
- 16:58 Ambulance crew save Leeds toddler’s life as his heart stops for...
- 16:58 Roger Federer WILL take on Rafael Nadal at French Open: Maclagan...
- 16:58 Man Utd news: Is this the reason Alexis Sanchez has struggled since...
- 16:58 Man Utd news: Jose Mourinho wants Lionel Messi friend if he lets...
- 16:57 Lewis Hamilton prepared for rivalry with Sebastian Vettel to become...
- 16:55 Deadline extended on Melton Trumpton cash appeal
- 16:54 Murderer tried to kill second woman during release from prison for...
- 16:54 Homes targeted in Perry Barr after three burglaries in one night
- 16:54 Imam responds in perfect way to being racially abused on train
- 16:54 West Bromwich Albion vs Huddersfield: Team news, kick off time, TV...
- 16:54 I call on Ireland and Britain to break the Stormont deadlock
- 16:53 Almost 270 jobs put at risk under Swinton Insurance plans to close...
- 16:53 Thank you, antidepressants, for helping me keep my sh*t together
- 16:53 MailOnline Fantasy Football: Four stars to sign ahead of the big...
- 16:53 Channel 5 ordered to pay £20,000 damages to evicted couple