Four-year high for number of under-age drivers crashing on UK roads
The number of under-age car drivers involved in crashes on Britain's roads has reached the highest level in four years, figures show.
Some 91 boys and girls under 17 years old were behind the wheel during accidents last year, according to Press Association analysis of Department for Transport data.
This represents a 30% spike compared with the previous year, and is the most since 103 were recorded in 2011.
Separate analysis by motoring research charity the RAC Foundation found that m ore than half (49) of the under-age drivers involved in crashes last year were injured, including one who... read more
- 00:54 MOTOR NEWS: UK is the second most CONGESTED country in the world
- 00:52 Islamic State linked group expands foothold in southern Syria near...
- 00:47 Atletico Madrid hoping to welcome back Jan Oblak to starting XI as...
- 00:46 Brazil's wheelchair tourism guru
- 00:37 EastEnders spoilers: Collapse horror ahead for Ian Beale
- 00:37 Long-winded speech an ‘early warning sign’ for Alzheimer’s
- 00:37 David Cassidy slurs his words, forgets lyrics, hits self with mic...
- 00:37 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Tuesday
- 00:36 Two arrested as Barrow police take proactive stance on community...
- 00:36 Roads to close for Barrow Island regeneration work
- 00:36 Long-winded speech could be early sign of Alzheimer's, says study
- 00:36 New voice for disabled consumers
- 00:36 MPs attack ministers' lack of action on gender pay gap
- 00:34 A610 roundabout is Nottingham's jams hotspot of the year
- 00:33 Grandparents 'saving working families billions in childcare costs'
- 00:33 City news: UK production, RBS, Bruce Carnegie-Brown and Interserve
- 00:33 Shares drop at battered Bovis Homes
- 00:31 Dan Carter loses sponsorship contract with Land Rover after failing...
- 00:27 New £4.5m Home Bargains superstore opening in Morecambe
- 00:24 Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren a doubt for Leicester trip as he...
- 00:24 Fabio Quagliarella ends six-year silence on Napoli exit after...
- 00:24 How drug development is speeding up in the cloud
- 00:24 New future for historic Leeds city centre building
- 00:24 Leeds council tax bills to go up by £70... but social housing rents...
- 00:23 Tom Hanks got wife Rita Wilson through breast cancer ordeal by...
- 00:22 Extremely British Muslims reveals secrets of the Birmingham mosque...
- 00:16 Album reviews with Will Stone
- 00:16 ‘I’ll never stop being a foot soldier of this music’
- 00:16 Stokes nets £1.7m for first stint in Indian T20 league
- 00:16 UK sport shuts 7 out in the cold