Four-year high for number of under-age drivers crashing on UK roads
The number of under-age car drivers involved in crashes on Britain's roads has reached the highest level in four years, figures show.
Some 91 boys and girls under 17 years old were behind the wheel during accidents last year, according to Press Association analysis of Department for Transport data.
This represents a 30% spike compared with the previous year, and is the most since 103 were recorded in 2011.
Separate analysis by motoring research charity the RAC Foundation found that m ore than half (49) of the under-age drivers involved in crashes last year were injured, including one who... read more
- 11:20 A man allegedly assaulted four men, three women and two police...
- 11:19 Two children die after house fire in Hamstead, Birmingham
- 11:19 Next to open at Princes Quay shopping centre in Hull alongside...
- 11:18 Manchester United odds: Betting and tips ahead of Burnley clash
- 11:18 Star striker to return for Burnley v Manchester United clash
- 11:18 Drone catches the incredible moment a blanket of thick fog makes a...
- 11:18 QUIZ: Which scary Halloween monster are you?
- 11:18 The height of glamping: Inside the Royal Navy HELICOPTER...
- 11:18 Man United outcast closes in on exit: International ace to end Old...
- 11:18 European shares back in the red for October on weak results
- 11:18 Man Utd News: Star man in Arsenal transfer shock, squad photo...
- 11:18 Soil and soul: ‘Leeds is the perfect combination of rural and urban’
- 11:18 Recollections of city nightspot as it prepares to shut its doors...
- 11:18 Clinton holds lead, but pollsters say their job is harder
- 11:18 The George Hotel presents trophy to winners of Stamford and Bourne...
- 11:17 Greasy spoon map: The Yorkshire towns with most takeaways
- 11:17 Community heroes honoured
- 11:17 Tragedy of Scarborough tot, killed by his coat hood on a door handle
- 11:17 IMAGES OF YESTERYEAR
- 11:17 Accolades for town shops and employees
- 11:16 Saints coach West: We haven’t been complacent
- 11:15 Suez Crisis: The MI6 secretary with a ringside seat
- 11:15 Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri cried after watching Premier League...
- 11:13 Christmas 2016 events - and free parking - revealed for Carlisle
- 11:12 Children with life-limiting conditions launch appeal to keep their...
- 11:12 Bond sell-off threatens to unleash "angry rise" in yields - BAML
- 11:12 Tributes to Nancy, who gave much to her community
- 11:12 Frustrated grandmother designs emojis for the over-50s
- 11:11 Project to revitalise St Michael’s Churchyard
- 11:12 See inside the filthy Newcastle takeaway where a customer was left...