Four-year high for number of under-age drivers crashing on UK roads
The number of under-age car drivers involved in crashes on Britain's roads has reached the highest level in four years, figures show.
Some 91 boys and girls under 17 years old were behind the wheel during accidents last year, according to Press Association analysis of Department for Transport data.
This represents a 30% spike compared with the previous year, and is the most since 103 were recorded in 2011.
Separate analysis by motoring research charity the RAC Foundation found that m ore than half (49) of the under-age drivers involved in crashes last year were injured, including one who... read more
- 10:47 Chelsea captain John Terry posts message of support to Ryan Mason...
- 10:47 Benfica manager addresses rumours of Goncalo Guedes transfer to...
- 10:47 Manchester United agree midfielder deal: 21-year-old set for medical
- 10:47 Car abandoned after being chased through Blackpool town centre
- 10:45 Woman suffers life-changing injuries in A45 crash near Wellingborough
- 10:45 BUSINESS DAIRY: Events taking place in the coming weeks
- 10:45 Woodhouse Day Nursery in Woodhouse Eaves was shut down for...
- 10:45 Emmerdale spoiler videos: Debbie Dingle returns as Gabby Thomas...
- 10:44 Madonna says White House comments 'taken out of context'
- 10:44 LISTEN to the heroic 999 call from a Telford toddler which helped...
- 10:44 EMERGING MARKETS-Fading dollar lifts emerging stocks, currencies
- 10:44 Trump White House to brief media amid 'alternative facts' row
- 10:43 Unsettled weather later in the week
- 10:42 Kelechi Iheanacho's dad gives update on striker's Man City future
- 10:42 These stunning images give an aerial tour across Merseyside
- 10:42 Brownlee brothers named among UK's most influential people.
- 10:42 Burning your toast could increase cancer risk, experts say
- 10:41 China cracks down on unauthorized internet connections
- 10:41 Six points and £200 - tough new penalty for mobile use behind the...
- 10:41 Image released of man in connection with theft in Northampton of...
- 10:40 Man blinded by chef with chilli powder after complaining about...
- 10:40 What it’s like to talk to your GP about your mental health
- 10:39 Shkodran Mustafi looking to continue impressive unbeaten run at...
- 10:39 One lane closed on M61
- 10:39 Algeria need a minor miracle in order to progress to the knockout...
- 10:39 Billy’s delight at his internet success
- 10:39 The dental nurse who became an alligator catcher
- 10:39 Charity offers trio of opportunities to make a difference for...
- 10:39 South Korea ministry apologises over artists' blacklist
- 10:38 Civic Society column by David Winpenny