Four-year high for number of under-age drivers crashing on UK roads
The number of under-age car drivers involved in crashes on Britain's roads has reached the highest level in four years, figures show.
Some 91 boys and girls under 17 years old were behind the wheel during accidents last year, according to Press Association analysis of Department for Transport data.
This represents a 30% spike compared with the previous year, and is the most since 103 were recorded in 2011.
Separate analysis by motoring research charity the RAC Foundation found that m ore than half (49) of the under-age drivers involved in crashes last year were injured, including one who... read more
- 13:11 Arsene Wenger gives verdict on Luis Enrique, the current favourite...
- 13:10 Labour drops candidate after Manchester bombing tweets
- 13:10 PMQs verdict: Corbyn says time for Rudd to go over Windrush scandal
- 13:09 MotoGP news: Valentino Rossi has theory that will infuriate Marc...
- 13:08 Delays on M1 after crash
- 13:08 Sizzling week-long heatwave set to return to UK again, say forecasters
- 13:08 Sunderland sleep expert on why we should wake up to the snoring...
- 13:08 Thomas Tuchel 'targets three players' he will bring to PSG once he...
- 13:07 Website linked to cyber-attacks against UK banks is shut down
- 13:07 Boris Johnson at odds with PM as Windrush row exposes cabinet division
- 13:07 Blackpool school in running to be named best in country
- 13:07 No fireworks with delegations as Eurovision 2018 staging will be...
- 13:07 ‘I was constantly in a haze’: Avicii was ‘living on a cocktail of...
- 13:07 UK Euromillions winner comes forward to claim £112m jackpot
- 13:06 India teacher arrested over wedding bomb murder
- 13:06 What’s on events in the Pocklington, Market Weighton and East...
- 13:06 Equestrian team are East Yorkshire Champions
- 13:06 James Rodriguez is desperate to show Real Madrid what they're...
- 13:05 Woman arrested over discovery of 50 cannabis plants in police blitz...
- 13:04 Sir John Deane's celebrates becoming highest achieving sixth form...
- 13:04 Salmon’s Soapbox
- 13:03 More rail strikes planned for May
- 13:02 Fancy dinner and a dissection? Anatomy Lab Live to go on UK tour
- 13:02 No public swimming at Corby pool this weekend
- 13:01 PMQs: Theresa May invited to Rosyth Dockyard to explain job losses...
- 13:01 Undercover officer sting targets 'lazy selfish' school run parents
- 12:59 Billy Joe Saunders confidently claims he's a 'level above'...
- 12:59 David Paice to retire after 15 years with London Irish as former...
- 12:59 Oakham Castle – you dig it?
- 12:59 Be part of audience for YEP’s Leeds local election leaders’ debate