Four-year high for number of under-age drivers crashing on UK roads
The number of under-age car drivers involved in crashes on Britain's roads has reached the highest level in four years, figures show.
Some 91 boys and girls under 17 years old were behind the wheel during accidents last year, according to Press Association analysis of Department for Transport data.
This represents a 30% spike compared with the previous year, and is the most since 103 were recorded in 2011.
Separate analysis by motoring research charity the RAC Foundation found that m ore than half (49) of the under-age drivers involved in crashes last year were injured, including one who... read more
- 10:36 Santa to fly in to local hospice
- 10:36 Miss Rugby stars in video
- 10:35 It’s Miaow-y Christmas!
- 10:35 EMERGING MARKETS-Lira at one-week high; fragile emerging assets...
- 10:34 Lib Dems fined £20,000 by watchdog over undeclared payments
- 10:34 WEIRD WINTER WEATHER: Temperatures to top balmy 12C
- 10:34 Drug-user told how she stole goods because she left purse at home
- 10:34 Pensioner admits kidnap and sexual assault of young girl in village...
- 10:33 Boy, 11, dies three years after accidentally hanging himself
- 10:32 Bayern Munich send ominous message to Arsenal on Twitter ahead of...
- 10:32 Jose Mourinho leaves SIX Manchester United first team stars at home...
- 10:31 Georgian townhouses to undergo £2m revamp
- 10:31 Flu risk leads to order to keep all poultry indoors
- 10:30 Britain fines Pfizer record $107 million for huge drug price hike
- 10:30 'Keep your birds indoors!' Birdflu outbreak warning issued for...
- 10:30 The Premier League's deadliest ever penalty takers - ranked by...
- 10:29 Letters - December 12, 2016
- 10:28 Santa to fly in to local hospice
- 10:27 CSKA Moscow star Alan Dzagoev looks to heap misery on Tottenham at...
- 10:27 DEBATE: Should the drink-drive limit be reduced in England?
- 10:27 Palmer concerned by Nailers’ Sunday switch
- 10:27 Manchester City’s Patrick Roberts reveals Pep Guardiola’s words...
- 10:26 New fund attracts £40m in just four days
- 10:26 Could your old mobile pay for Christmas? Classic Motorola and Nokia...
- 10:26 Death crash inquest opened
- 10:25 Tata steel and unions to meet over deal to save thousands of jobs
- 10:25 Keepers of poultry warned to keep birds inside to protect from bird...
- 10:25 New police powers will tackle Lancaster city centre crime
- 10:24 Young footballer scores goal – then drops dead on the pitch from a...
- 10:24 Everton vs Arsenal - win tickets to the Premier League match,...