Four uterus transplants performed in Texas - but three were removed days later
Four uterus transplants have been performed in Dallas, Texas, a report claims.
Three have already been removed due to restricted blood flow, TIME reported.
Despite three failures, lead surgeon Dr Giuliano Testa insists this marks a milestone in America's attempt to help infertile women give birth to their own child.
It comes seven months after America's first ever uterus transplant in Ohio's Cleveland Clinic, which had to be removed days later due to a yeast infection.
Unlike the first case, which used a deceased donor, all four of the new cases - performed at Baylor University Medical... read more
- 00:01 Article 50 day won't be cut-off date for EU migrants, No 10 suggests
- 00:01 Sir Gerald Kaufman obituary
- 00:01 Peter Hain: hard Brexit puts Northern Ireland peace process at risk
- 00:01 Gerald Kaufman’s stellar PMQs moment
- 00:01 Better election results ahead for the Green party?
- 00:01 EU urged to end cooperation with Sudan after refugees whipped and...
- 00:01 Don't threaten to cut intelligence ties in Brexit talks, UK warned
- 00:01 BBC orders investigation into claims of aggressive TV licence...
- 00:01 Tributes paid to 'iconic' Labour MP Sir Gerald Kaufman
- 00:01 DUP braced to lose seats in Northern Ireland assembly elections
- 00:01 Chairman of housing association behind 'substandard' development...
- 00:01 Deported woman's family say Amber Rudd lacks compassion
- 00:01 May adviser regrets saying benefits should only go to 'really...
- 00:01 NHS data loss: 500 patients may have suffered serious harm
- 00:01 John Major attacks government over approach to Brexit
- 00:01 Clive Lewis denies registering websites for Labour leadership bid
- 23:59 George Thomason obituary
- 23:59 PPE is a degree that looks forward, not back
- 23:59 10 things teachers want to say to parents, but can't
- 23:59 No grammar schools, lots of play: the secrets of Europe’s top...
- 23:59 Parents: not happy about something at school? Here’s how to complain
- 23:59 Top 10 podcasts to help you learn a language
- 23:59 What's the point of school uniform?
- 23:59 Michael Palin: geography students hold the key to the world's problems
- 23:59 Free speech on Israel under attack in universities
- 23:59 The Guardian view on vocational education: choice at 14 is not working
- 23:59 London’s pollution is so bad that it forced me to give up my dream PhD
- 23:59 We need urgent action to ensure all Scottish public buildings are safe
- 23:59 The US travel ban would be bad news for American universities
- 23:59 There’s plenty of hope for Neets. I should know – I was one