Four out of five over-30s have a heart older than their age
Millions are on course to suffer a potentially fatal heart attack or stroke, according to the British Heart Foundation study.
Nearly nine in 10 men under 40 have a heart older than they are, compared with 41 per cent of women of the same age.
Many have a heart age greater than their chronological age by at least five years – and are unaware of their cardiovascular risk factors.
Four in five did not know what their cholesterol levels were and almost half did not know or record their blood pressure.
Cardiovascular disease causes more than a quarter of deaths in the UK, around 155,000 people... read more
- 00:13 Syria: US-backed rebels ‘colluding with Isis’
- 00:13 France: Parisians march against Macron’s latest diktats
- 00:13 New Zealand: Adern still in with a chance to be PM
- 00:13 NHS: Hospital waits reach record high
- 00:13 Picturehouse staff strike again
- 00:13 Chelsea News: I will miss Diego Costa, but Alvaro Morata is...
- 00:13 Tottenham News: Harry Kane is worth £100m like the best in the...
- 00:13 McDonnell: We’ll Slam the Lid on Tory Credit Crisis
- 00:07 How plastic became a victim of its own success
- 00:07 How jeans giant Levi Strauss got its mojo back
- 00:07 Labour to offer some women earlier retirement option
- 00:07 Gender pay gap widens for managers
- 00:07 Labour will allow women hit by state pension age changes to retire...
- 00:06 World of entertainment joins the NFL as they #taketheknee and defy...
- 00:06 Gaz Beadle gets new inking dedicated to his unborn child after...
- 00:02 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Ten million tune in for hottest opening...
- 00:02 EastEnders spoilers: James Willmott-Brown to KILL Kathy Beale in...
- 00:01 Kane able to be ‘one of the world’s best strikers’
- 00:01 Harry Leslie Smith: We can do it again
- 00:01 Sane shows his worth as City dominate at home
- 00:01 Blades boss gets birthday present in Steel City derby
- 00:01 Magpies denied a point by Seagulls
- 00:01 The state is closing its ranks on spycops
- 00:01 The secret state is the real threat to democracy
- 00:01 You can’t be a pessimist and a socialist
- 00:01 Corbyn makes correct EU call
- 00:01 North Korea: Pyongyang stages anti-US rally amid mud-slinging
- 00:01 South Africa: Communists condemn loss of 2,000 gold mining jobs
- 00:01 Women ‘too frightened to travel at night’
- 00:01 Big Issue’s Bird wants renters to get credit