Four men and one woman admit brawl which caused emergency stop on train
Google Five people could face prison sentences after they were embroiled in fighting on a train.
The train was stopped between Hartlepool and Sunderland as an emergency cord was pulled in the fracas on February 13.
Four men - Andrew Jacques, 29, Christopher O’Brien, 34, Craig Rogan, 29, and Anthony Sanderson, 28 - and one woman Elizabeth Cranney, 36, were all in the dock at Teesside Crown Court .
The five, all from Hartlepool, all pleaded guilty to affray - using or threatening unlawful violence - during the short hearing on Monday.
Judge Bourne-Arton QC, the Recorder of Middlesbrough, said... read more
- 13:06 Kids build their own fun
- 13:06 Boyfriend admits stabbing to death Santa tour worker in Lapland
- 13:06 Students reveal 'extreme stress' caused by GCSE grading reshuffle...
- 13:06 Celtic earned more cash for Rangers than Pedro Caixinha – Hotline
- 13:06 Campaign over fears developer wants to build new houses on Bidston...
- 13:06 Pools of blood found after man 'stabbed' at holiday park
- 13:03 Snowdon track most popular in Britain with walkers
- 13:03 'Proud' Llangernyw farmer shot himself in chest with shotgun
- 13:02 Bright future for kids
- 13:02 Violent break-in gave woman a heart attack
- 13:02 Abandoned car on fire
- 13:02 Mankad century not enough to guide Wardens into final as K&D...
- 13:02 Brewery u-turns after uproar over removal of 'landmark' Retford gates
- 13:02 The secret signs burglars are using to mark houses before raids
- 13:01 Avengers Infinity War: Guess which Marvel regular has been...
- 12:58 Fantasy Football Tips: The best captain options assessed for...
- 12:56 The look of love! Pregnant April Love Geary, 22, cradles her baby...
- 12:56 'My dream man!' Sheridan Smith dedicates gushing Instagram post to...
- 12:56 Lacy... and VERY racy! TOWIE's Yazmin Oukhellou shows off her...
- 12:56 Frill-ing flirty! Leggy Chloe Crowhurst teases at her ample...
- 12:56 Make-up free Thandie Newton teases at her saucy bralet in...
- 12:56 'She's an embarrassment!': GMB Today viewers SLAM Kate Garraway...
- 12:54 Cockermouth draws up friendship declaration with new sister city
- 12:53 Samuel L Jackson and Magic Johnson mistaken for migrants splurging...
- 12:51 Customers' water use 'underestimated by utility firms and government'
- 12:51 Personal data on social media sparks huge rise in identity fraud
- 12:50 Sorry everyone, but pudding is actually terrible
- 12:50 Newcastle Transfer News: Rafa Benitez expecting plenty of business...
- 12:50 Clothing firm to fight Kirklees Council cladding ban
- 12:50 West Cumbrian town hall must not become museum, say councillors