Fortress Celtic Park shows why the Hoops should never be written off
THEY were written off as no-hopers.
A squad that cost £20million to assemble versus a group that needed £420m to pull together.
A squad that just two weeks before had been annihilated 7-0 by Barcelona.
But that was in Spain. This was in Glasgow. And the critics were left to choke on their words as Celtic played with an intensity and fire that could have burned your retinas.
The 3-3 draw with Manchester City, coupled with Barcelona’s win at Borussia Moenchengladbach has hauled Scotland’s champions right back into the Group C reckoning, or at least a chance of a place in the Europa League.... read more
- 17:11 Gunman shot schoolboy in the head because he was irritated at moped...
- 17:11 Councillor announced as MP candidate
- 17:11 Arsenal defenders Laurent Koscielny, Gabriel and Rob Holding...
- 17:11 UPDATE: Details of man sought by police after 16-year-old girl is...
- 17:10 Notts firm fined thousands for illegally burying 10,000 dead chickens
- 17:10 German airlines drop safety rule prompted by Germanwings crash
- 17:10 Man in 'Saw' mask robs same petrol station three times
- 17:10 Why walking is better for you than cycling
- 17:10 TAMWORTH FC: Lambs are a club on the up, says Morrell after signing...
- 17:10 The holiday mistake costing us HUNDREDS - and how to avoid making it
- 17:10 What Birmingham City's Paul Robinson told Harry Redknapp about the...
- 17:10 Huge jams on A38 after lorry crash blocks carriageway
- 17:09 Tottenham to leave White Hart Lane at the end of season with all...
- 17:08 EU regulators drop antitrust probe into Faurecia, others
- 17:08 On the brink: David Moyes hints at Sunderland exit as doomed Black...
- 17:08 Pimco shutters RAE Worldwide Fundamental Advantage PLUS Fund
- 17:08 Scots in hunt for British GT glory at Rockingham
- 17:08 Restaurant fined after neighbours complained about curry smell
- 17:08 Peter Kay's Car Share steering into heartbreaking ending as tragedy...
- 17:07 Lorry overturns in crash on A1
- 17:06 Gabriel Jesus reacts to Man City Manchester derby comeback
- 17:06 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho reveals plan to cope with...
- 17:05 Barry Horne: Joey Barton's gambling ban was too excessive
- 17:04 Large police presence seen in Spring Bank in Hull at Friday rush hour
- 17:04 Mounted police and metal detectors being used in crackdown on knife...
- 17:03 Anthony Joshua collects bespoke Range Rover ahead of big fight
- 17:03 Mum of brutal bully attack victim doesn't regret releasing shocking...
- 17:03 Is your desk job destroying all the good work you’ve put in at...
- 17:03 Rail users in the north west hit by 24-hour strike
- 17:03 All the memories come flooding back