Former Scotland star David Goodwillie not allowed to represent himself in rape case
FORMER Scotland striker David Goodwillie will not be allowed to question a woman who claims he raped her, a judge ruled yesterday.
The ex-Dundee United, Blackburn and Aberdeen striker and another footballer, David Robertson, are being sued for £500,000 damages by the woman.
Goodwillie, 27, had told the Court of Session in Edinburgh last week he intended to represent himself.
Top news stories today Body found in search for missing teen Machete attack soldier jailed Married mum had sex with teen boy Gers boss Warburton should forget Barton Celtic fan walks free from court Family post... read more
- 02:05 Forced asset sales by banks destroying farmers' lives, Nationals...
- 02:04 When the going gets tough, the tough get mucky
- 01:50 North Korean propaganda changes its tune
- 01:33 Teens on 9-1 GCSEs: 'Everyone's worried about grade boundaries'
- 01:33 Meet Game of Thrones' woman of weapons
- 01:25 The Aquarius: Migrant taxi service or charitable rescuers?
- 01:23 Tom Richmond: Tories could pay dearly for their attitude to the North
- 01:22 Codebreaking Bombe moves to computer museum
- 01:21 Charity issues plea to parents as holidays end
- 01:21 Renting a way of life in hard-up Britain
- 01:14 The Yorkshire Post says: Brexit crash landing fears. Airbus chief...
- 01:14 David Behrens: NHS needs to push the envelope on methods of...
- 01:14 Sir William Worsley: Trees must be at the heart of our...
- 01:09 Charing Cross evacuated as man on tracks claims to have a bomb
- 01:04 The Yorkshire Post says: Cricket’s new test. How to win over Asian...
- 01:04 The Yorkshire Post says: Grayling no show. Macavity Minister to...
- 01:04 Brexit: Campaigners to demand new vote in London march
- 00:47 Grin and bear it: researcher has no hard feelings for grizzly that...
- 00:47 Supreme court bans police access to phone records without a warrant
- 00:43 Royal Ascot tips: Best bets for Day Five of 2018 festival
- 00:43 Nabil Fekir to plead with Lyon president for Liverpool move despite...
- 00:43 Game of Thrones: Kit Harington and Rose Leslie's wedding is coming
- 00:43 Blue Planet fans 'disturbing coastal wildlife'
- 00:42 Melania Trump visits children’s shelter wearing ‘I don’t care’ jacket
- 00:42 Gangs’ families should lose council homes – Home Office minister
- 00:35 Lincs CCC set to begin championship defence
- 00:30 Win a VIP Lowther Show Experience 2018!
- 00:27 Talking Horses: Growl could give Richard Fahey a Wokingham repeat
- 00:23 AFL results: Round 13 scores, ladder and latest news
- 00:17 Tout rout: stars come out to close down ticket resellers