Former NatWest branch at Mickleover sells at auction - here’s how much it went for
A bank in the heart of a Derby suburb that was controversially closed has been sold at auction for more than £300,000.
Earlier today, the former NatWest branch, on the corner of Uttoxeter Road and Station Street, went under the hammer at a sale organised by SDL Auctions Bigwood in Birmingham.
Ahead of the sale, the property, which shut for business in October, had been given a guide price of bids of £100,000 and over.
In the end, the building, which has a floor space of 1,400 sq ft, went for triple that figure - with a winning bid of £305,000 securing the property. The identity of the buyer... read more
- 20:10 Street light felled in crash
- 20:10 Woman cut free from crashed car
- 20:09 View from the Zoo: Wide-eyed arrivals settle in at Flamingo Land
- 20:08 John Bercow to face Andrea Leadsom after 'stupid woman' row
- 20:08 Boris Johnson lays wreath in Argentina for Falklands soldiers
- 20:08 Fire crews tackle flat blaze
- 19:57 Golfers in Hawaii don’t let volcano eruption get in the way of a round
- 19:55 Lord Mayor of Chester to lead anniversary event remembering...
- 19:51 Lincolnshire residents advised to order Bank Holiday prescriptions...
- 19:51 Pakistan and blunted Mohammad Abbas toil to draw with Leicestershire
- 19:51 Rafael Nadal fends off Alexander Zverev to secure Italian Open final
- 19:50 Lincolnshire residents advised to order Bank Holiday prescriptions...
- 19:48 Trump will ask justice department to look into campaign surveillance
- 19:46 David's delighted as Northants win at Nottinghamshire for first...
- 19:45 Jurgen Klopp talks Zinedine Zidane: What I am glad about ahead of...
- 19:41 Chrissy Teigen finally reveals baby boy's name after he arrives 'a...
- 19:36 Brackley Town lift FA Trophy after dramatic penalty shootout
- 19:32 Granit Xhaka hints Arsenal are set to sign Sokratis...
- 19:30 Murder inquiry over Barnsley town centre death
- 19:30 Blue lipstick on the red carpet: it’s audacious
- 19:30 From Zuckerberg’s apology to ‘Just Harried’ – should you wear a...
- 19:24 National Lottery winner who scooped £15.5m showcases impressive...
- 19:24 Huge explosion at sea as WW2 bomb detonates off shore at Bognor Regis
- 19:23 Jeremy Corbyn urged to clarify Labour's position on Brexit
- 19:23 Thomas Stansby in court for breaching restraining order by sending...
- 19:22 Aaron Ramsey’s agent issues shock update over Arsenal talks
- 19:13 Bundaberg mayor turns against high cost of cashless welfare trial
- 19:13 German second world war sea mine destroyed in West Sussex
- 19:02 Prince Harry’s emotional moment at the end of Diana’s favourite hymn
- 19:02 Ten day heatwave coming with temperatures up to 25C until June