Former Manchester City star Gerry Gow dies from lung cancer
Former Manchester City star Gerry Gow has lost his battle with lung cancer, his family has confirmed.
The tough-tackling Blues midfielder, who became a cult hero at Maine Road during a short spell during the mid-1980s, died in the early hours of this morning aged 64.
His son, Chris, said Gerry was diagnosed with the disease about six months ago and it “battered him from pillar to post.”
Chris Gow, 45, posted the sad news on the Facebook Manchester City Supporters page and said: “I know how much he loved playing and still supporting City; myself and my family are broken hearted but we needed... read more
- 08:04 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:04 Aerospace group Zodiac aims to resolve delivery issues by...
- 08:03 High-achieving apprentice up for recognition at our awards
- 08:03 Safety concerns as Carlisle road cracks in heat
- 08:02 Mao Kobayashi: Japanese cancer blogger dies at 34
- 08:02 Angry bouncing man rips his shirt off and starts a brawl at Ascot
- 08:01 Have your say on the state of Derbyshire’s roads
- 08:01 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 08:01 Kirklees Council to commemorate mass killing
- 08:01 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling climbs BACK after Theresa...
- 08:00 Mohamed Salah: First snaps of the new Liverpool signing with his...
- 08:00 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:59 Swansong concert for Kinder Children’s Choir’s stalwart musical...
- 07:59 Blyth gran trapped in Greek hospital after quad bike crash could be...
- 07:59 Man in Sheffield hospital with serious injuries after pub brawl
- 07:59 Live: Breaking news and travel from Coventry, Warwickshire and...
- 07:58 Aston Villa and John Terry: A comprehensive look at the story so...
- 07:58 Toshiba estimates bigger loss for past year on Westinghouse, lawsuits
- 07:58 Italy - Factors to watch on June 23
- 07:58 South African parliament opposes calls to change central bank mandate
- 07:57 13 Premier League players who could miss the start of the season...
- 07:57 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:56 East Neuk’s De Profundis digs deep to celebrate the mining heritage...
- 07:56 Kylian Mbappe to Arsenal: Exodus to help fund move with striker...
- 07:56 Terminally ill South Shore woman dies after dream wedding
- 07:56 Man left with serious injuries after alleged assault at Staveley pub
- 07:56 RISE AND SHINE: Latest travel news, weather and fun features
- 07:55 Watchdog clamps down on online gambling
- 07:55 Pupils scoop silver at Gardener’s World
- 07:55 Radio station to host hospice charity’s business club