Former Hearts striker Andrius Velicka says he will cheer on Lithuania at Hampden but still has a soft spot for Scotland
ANDRIUS VELICKA will put his feet up in front of the telly tonight and then hang up his boots for good next weekend.
At the age of 37, he’s become increasingly tired of tracking back ever youthful defenders when his biggest asset was always an ability to prowl around the 18-yard box for half chances.
He laughs: “Every year for the last three years I’ve been telling everyone: ‘This is my last season, for sure.’
“It’s not easy to play with the young guys at 37. I’m tired. My last game will definitely be on October 16.”
His team, Kauno Zalgiris, are bottom of the eight-team Lithuanian A Lyga... read more
- 09:11 Metal created by Hartlepool firm to go on display in Great...
- 09:10 Yotam Ottolenghi’s courgette recipes
- 09:10 Man fighting for life after assault following England game
- 09:09 See inside the hidden parts of the most famous house in Birmingham
- 09:09 Commonwealth Games is 'a once-in-a-generation opportunity' for...
- 09:09 Supporters of Amber’s Law to take on extreme challenge as they help...
- 09:09 Fans react to possibility of Sunderland AFC taking out loan
- 09:09 Sunderland parents warned about online game as teen death probe...
- 09:09 Going underground: Surrealist poster fetches tidy sum
- 09:08 Price slash at meeting rooms can help Harborough businesses take off
- 09:07 'You can't judge a generation's taste': making Now That’s What I...
- 09:07 Lincolnshire County Council wants to hear about your childcare
- 09:07 Boris Johnson likens Brexit to ‘bog roll’ and says Brits don’t want...
- 09:07 Thousands of anti-Brexit protesters to march on Westminster to...
- 09:06 Belgium team news: Predicted line up vs Tunisia – Lukaku and Hazard...
- 09:06 Free festival of cycling returning for second year in Lichfield
- 09:05 Lincolnshire County Council wants to hear about your childcare
- 09:04 Kettering school pupils help clear the air at national competition
- 09:03 Mapping England's World Cup squad: Northern players dominate the 23
- 09:02 The Amputee World Cup – and other antidotes to the bloated Fifa-fest
- 08:59 Which House of Fraser stores will close? Full list of shop closures
- 08:59 Netflix’s head of communications sacked after using ‘N-word’ twice...
- 08:56 Tyre fire started at abandoned Wigan mill
- 08:55 Family's plea after Portugal hotel pool drowning
- 08:53 Revealed: How Doncaster's new University Technical College could look
- 08:51 Revealed: How Doncaster's new University Technical College could look
- 08:51 West Brom and Leeds target's price tag revealed as Baggies forward...
- 08:51 Armed police chase suspects through Birmingham after ram raid in...
- 08:50 Revealed: How Doncaster's new University Technical College could look
- 08:48 Arsenal transfer news: Torreira deal imminent, Emery budget problem...