Former Hanley pub used by rough sleepers and drug addicts set to be turned into flats
Families have welcomed plans to turn a derelict city centre pub used by rough sleepers and drug addicts into flats.
Proposals have been drawn up to transform the vacant Lord John Russell in Hanley into two five-bed apartments for up to 10 people.
It comes after complaints were raised that people had been sleeping rough and taking drugs in the building.
Now residents living nearby admit they are glad to see the former boozer, on the junction of Nelson Place and Waterloo Street, is to be given a new lease of life.
Read more: Sadness as developers submit plans to demolish Caverswall's... read more
- 16:51 WADA allows Russia anti-doping body to test again under supervision...
- 16:51 Torino sign Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu after...
- 16:50 ‘Amazing’ demand for boat race
- 16:50 Travellers who have pitched their caravans in Stapenhill are...
- 16:50 Research reveals British Folklore could be in danger of dying out...
- 16:50 New Swedish hotel and spa freezes INTO Arctic lake during the winter
- 16:50 The ATM at 50: how a hole in the wall changed the world
- 16:50 £8k funding boost for Derbyshire projects
- 16:48 David Davis: Brexit 'as complicated as moon landing'
- 16:48 £8k funding boost for Derbyshire projects
- 16:48 Fire crews rescue horse from Derbyshire ditch
- 16:47 The ATM at 50: how a hole in the wall changed the world
- 16:47 Qatar facing indefinite isolation, UAE says
- 16:47 Coins thrown into plane engine by elderly passenger for 'luck'
- 16:47 Milestone for fashion firm
- 16:47 NHS training hub wins building award
- 16:47 $esc.html($content.name)
- 16:47 Residents angry as Doncaster recyling plan approved despite 'flies...
- 16:47 Little joy for pound as BoE tightens credit controls
- 16:47 Think tank voices soft-Brexit fears
- 16:47 New £130,000 soft play area comes to West Bridgford
- 16:47 Ryanair flight FR13 / RYR100T spotted circling East Midlands Airport
- 16:46 Tim Westwood, you’re my dream, can I date you and get that wax?
- 16:46 Britain's hottest new baby name revealed - and it may surprise you
- 16:46 GALLERY: Annual model show in Skegness attracts kids of all ages
- 16:45 Prosecute those who put flammable cladding on tower blocks says...
- 16:45 Girlguiding engineering badge created by Barrow shipyard trio is a hit
- 16:45 Gareth Bale performs incredible golf trick shot as Real Madrid star...
- 16:45 John McEnroe refuses to apologise to Serena Williams for rankings...
- 16:45 Thug raped vulnerable teenager in horrific ordeal at Coventry park