Former Australia fast bowler Max Walker dies after skin cancer battle
Former Australia fast bowler Max Walker has died after a two-year battle against skin cancer, Cricket Australia said on Wednesday. He was 68.
A medium-fast bowler used as first change behind Dennis Lillee and Jeff Thomson, Walker played 34 tests between 1972 and 1977 and captured 138 wickets at an average of 27.47.
He took six five-wicket hauls and had best bowling figures of 8-143 against England in Melbourne in 1975.
'Max was an outstanding cricketer who played an important role in the emergence of successful Australian cricket teams in the 1970s,' Cricket Australia chief executive James... read more
- 16:37 Man Utd and Chelsea suffer transfer blow over Juventus target Alex...
- 16:37 Report estimates 700 grooming victims in Northumbria Police area
- 16:37 Borders boozer’s bungled beer-swilling bid a smash hit online
- 16:37 Ed Sheeran teases what song he and Cherry Seaborn will have their...
- 16:37 'They're a Championship club' - what every rival boss has said...
- 16:36 Trump labels security guard who hid from Florida shooter a ‘coward’
- 16:36 Mansfield teen’s car vandalism spree
- 16:36 School UN-BANS popular devices after saying they could help youngsters
- 16:36 Bassetlaw drink driver crashed into railings in Mansfield
- 16:36 Teenage mum jailed for covering toddler in make up to hide abuse
- 16:36 Barrow pupils experience mock parliament event with MP
- 16:36 North Korea PANIC as Trump announces ‘LARGEST EVER’ sanctions in...
- 16:35 Can we predict when the next SUPER VOLCANO will blow? Rumbling...
- 16:34 Attacker raped stranger in her own home before defecating on her...
- 16:34 EU citizens: how has Brexit impacted your long term plans?
- 16:33 Rail passengers face more expensive fares and timetable chaos after...
- 16:33 Robert Lewandowski puts Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea on alert as...
- 16:32 Mansfield teen’s car vandalism spree
- 16:32 UK weather: Spring 'postponed' as cold snap hits UK
- 16:31 A Peaky Blinders party is going to Leeds
- 16:31 Crowds flock to Wakefield as rhubarb festival begins
- 16:31 Let’s move to Hebden Bridge, West Yorks: a rain-soaked paradise
- 16:31 UPDATE: Missing sister found 'safe and well' after public appeal
- 16:31 Armed police on standby for Rotherham United and Doncaster Rovers...
- 16:30 Appeal for missing man Nigel Burton-York, from Burton, who has...
- 16:30 Roger Federer problem revealed: Ivan Ljubicic reveals hardest thing...
- 16:29 Pub’s licence under threat over violence
- 16:28 Stonewall withdraws from Pride in London over 'lack of diversity'
- 16:28 Rick Gates: ex-Trump adviser 'to plead guilty and cooperate with...
- 16:28 Police foil cocaine ring at Russian embassy in Buenos Aires