Former abuse probe head Dame Lowell Goddard rejects 'malicious' language claims
Dame Lowell Goddard has rejected claims she used racist language during her time as head of the national inquiry into child sexual abuse.
The New Zealand high court judge described allegations made in The Times as "falsities", "malicious" and part of a "vicious campaign".
The newspaper reported a number of claims made by what it said were "well-placed figures" at the inquiry's headquarters about her alleged conduct, including that she said Britain had so many paedophiles because it has so many Asian men.
In a statement Dame Lowell said she had... read more
- 07:57 Chelsea news LIVE updates: Conte sack claims, Bakayoko on Matic,...
- 07:54 WARNING: Energy drinks recalled due to allergy fears
- 07:53 Sun seeking Brits are paying the price for being a nation of...
- 07:53 REVEALED: Winning images for the 2018 Examiner Calendar
- 07:53 The earth may have moved for some in Huddersfield...but it wasn't a...
- 07:52 Man Utd are Premier League contenders for the first time in four...
- 07:52 Chelsea handed massive injury boost as crocked duo train ahead of...
- 07:50 Is Kodi illegal? A judge has had the final say on fully-loaded boxes
- 07:49 Woman, 35, arrested over murder of daughter, 3, is ‘science teacher’
- 07:48 Sun seeking Brits are paying the price for being a nation of...
- 07:47 Suicidal thoughts on rise amongst children
- 07:44 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:44 Property Insider: Homes you can buy for £50,000 or less
- 07:42 Sun seeking Brits are paying the price for being a nation of...
- 07:41 Rafa Benitez explains why he left out Newcastle’s Aleksandar Mitrovic
- 07:40 Crime round-up from towns and villages in North Lincolnshire
- 07:40 First Class 2017: See pictures of new starters at schools across...
- 07:40 Six of the most haunted places in North Lincolnshire
- 07:39 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:38 Banbury woman crashes past haters with song recorded by famous...
- 07:36 14 of the best places to get a Sunday roast in Gwynedd
- 07:36 13 of the most haunted hotels in North Wales you can stay the night
- 07:36 Here's how to get tickets for The Killers extra UK arena tour date
- 07:36 Resurfacing works planned for A153 in Tattershall and Coningsby
- 07:35 Harrogate Advertiser archives: 10, 20 and 30 years ago this week
- 07:34 Man handed suspended jail term after telling relative 'no college,...
- 07:32 WEEKEND WEB: Lincolnshire Free Press letters...
- 07:31 FARMING MATTERS: Calls for government to support arable farmers
- 07:31 Explosives experts called to Sellafield
- 07:25 FARMING MATTERS: Calls for government to support arable farmers