Former abuse probe head Dame Lowell Goddard rejects 'malicious' language claims
The New Zealand high court judge described allegations made in The Times as "falsities", "malicious" and part of a "vicious campaign".
The newspaper reported a number of claims made by what it said were "well-placed figures" at the inquiry's headquarters about her alleged conduct, including that she said Britain had so many paedophiles because it has so many Asian men.
In a statement Dame Lowell said she had consulted lawyers in London, adding: " I confirm my absolute rejection of this attack. I am confident that in New Zealand my known... read more
- 06:22 Buxton parents go back to school for cookery lessons
- 06:21 Aspiring footballers and coaches’ scholarship programme opportunity
- 06:21 New club in South Tyneside for budding runners
- 06:21 Charity night in memory of much-missed mum nets thousands of pounds
- 06:21 Five arrested at witnesses tell of death crash tragedy
- 06:18 Conor McGregor receives another title stripping threat from Dana White
- 06:18 Premier League table: Every team compared to last season after...
- 06:18 Former poet laureate concerned about fate of John Clare's poetry...
- 06:18 Man Utd news: Real Madrid plan £87.6m summer bid for David De Gea...
- 06:18 New PNE striker Moult caught Neil’s eye
- 06:18 Northamptonshire Police to review its tactics after town centre...
- 06:18 Sky Sports pundit Jamie Carragher takes shot at Gary Neville and BT...
- 06:18 Liverpool news LIVE updates: Sturridge ultimatum, Klopp bust-up,...
- 06:18 Bride with cancer shares powerful photo after losing hair...
- 06:16 Arsenal locked in talks over Lucas Moura deal after Spurs bid
- 06:11 Derby Arena unlikely to break even this year as taxpayers fork out...
- 06:10 Real Madrid star Karim Benzema will NOT leave Bernabeu despite...
- 06:09 David Galloway: NHS is being harmed by politically driven targets
- 06:09 Fiona Hyslop: Scotland’s aid spending is vital despite austerity at...
- 06:09 Academic: Holyrood and Westminster facing Brexit court battle
- 06:09 Medic calls for NHS to focus on patients instead of targets
- 06:09 Police force remains ‘strong and resilient’
- 06:10 Having trouble sleeping? Dry January could be giving you insomnia
- 06:09 Teachers threaten strike action over pay
- 06:09 Sectarian fight being undermined by cash cuts, claim Labour
- 06:08 Oh we do like to be beside the seaside
- 06:08 Newsagent of the Week
- 06:08 Ponies grazing coastal dune land
- 06:04 Council left red faced by parking ticket error
- 06:04 Darren McGarvey: Comparing Sturgeon to Thatcher is deeply offensive