Forget positive thinking: Being too optimistic could make you lazy and less likely to reach your goals
Most people grow up being taught positive thinking can help us achieve our goals.
But thinking too positively can actually prevent you from reaching your goals, by making you become lazy or complacent.
This is according experts, who have told MailOnline how to get the right balance between positive thinking and realistic attitudes.
POSITIVITY FROM THE ANCIENT PHILOSOPHERS The Stoics, founded in Athens in the early 3rd century BC, used something called 'negative visualisation' to help them prepare for bad events.
They imagined something bad happening, then rehearsed dealing with it in a... read more
- 08:41 M6 closed after smash
- 08:40 Royal visitor to Banbury chocolate plant
- 08:34 No, having BPD doesn’t make you a bad partner
- 08:34 Liverpool hero reveals how Real Madrid already have upper hand in...
- 08:33 Could Britain’s top tradesperson be from our area?
- 08:28 My secret life as a student Nightline volunteer
- 08:24 WEATHER: A misty and breezy but warm day for Nottinghamshire
- 08:24 A stunning Cornish cove has gone on sale for £2.6 million
- 08:21 Afghan diplomats in Pakistan targeted by 'state-backed hackers'
- 08:21 Arsenal Transfer News: Where Unai Emery plans to target players...
- 08:20 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Saturday, May 26, in...
- 08:19 Girl has to soak in two baths after her fake tan goes...
- 08:17 WEATHER: A misty and breezy but warm day for Nottinghamshire
- 08:17 Liverpool vs Real Madrid: Champions League is in our DNA says...
- 08:17 Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid star reveals toughest defender he’s...
- 08:16 WEATHER: A misty and breezy but warm day for Nottinghamshire
- 08:13 Leamington man on the home stretch for his 56 challenges
- 08:13 WEATHER: A misty and breezy but warm day for Nottinghamshire
- 08:13 IN PICTURES: ‘We’ve been blown away!’ - Kitesurfers delighted with...
- 08:12 WEATHER: A mainly dry, misty day with some sunshine for Derbyshire
- 08:11 Jurgen Klopp vs Real Madrid: Liverpool boss' record analysed before...
- 08:11 Champions League final: Liverpool will blow Real Madrid away -...
- 08:09 Charity ride on road and river
- 08:08 Could Britain’s top tradesperson be from our area?
- 08:07 Arsenal ready to pay Dennis Praet’s release clause after ‘concrete’...
- 08:06 Donald Trump says historic Kim Jong-un meeting could be back on...
- 08:06 Poetry in motion by new work dedicated to Calder Valley rail journey
- 08:04 Blisworth company welcome detection dogs for face-to-face with...
- 08:01 That first taste of whisky can be deceptive
- 08:01 Chef’s Table: Martin Hollis, executive chef at the Old Course St...