Forget DNA, experts say RNA could hold the key to 'eternal life pill'
With over 75 million baby boomers in the U.S. alone, age-related diseases are a major concern in the health care system.
The connection between aging and cancer has become a pillar in medicine: we know that as we age, our cells tend to accumulate damaging changes in their DNA, eventually becoming unfit to perform their normal functions.
My lab has found that examining a cell's RNA may have the potential to identify the changes that our cells gain from aging.
Scroll down for videos
WHAT IS RNA? RNA, which stands for ribonucleic acid, is a molecule made up of one or more nucleotides.
It... read more
- 12:55 This Morning’s Phil Vickery apologies to Eamonn Holmes after...
- 12:54 Grayson gets first start as Saints head to Sale
- 12:54 Sale Sharks v Northampton Saints: Tom Vickers' match preview
- 12:54 Everybody's talking about Jamie review: A palpable hit
- 12:54 The William Hill Sports Book Of The Year awards: Who will win?
- 12:52 Have you spotted these quirky Christmas treats in any Derbyshire...
- 12:52 NO ESCAPE: North Korea military dig TRENCH at Demilitarised Zone...
- 12:52 Who is the new President of Zimbabwe? The Crocodile takes over from...
- 12:51 Masterson piles praise on youthful Bears side
- 12:51 Future looks bright for Leamington ABC
- 12:51 Coffee morning at Horncastle Community Centre
- 12:50 Town’s tribute to Liam, the ‘nicest guy on earth’
- 12:48 Kilwinning Rangers boss Chris Strain fears Bo'ness backlash in...
- 12:48 Perthshire Hockey Club's men go through 2017 unbeaten on home soil
- 12:48 'Chancellor's stealth tax on investment policies could cost savers...
- 12:48 Perth futsal players selected to represent Scotland
- 12:47 Ex-East 17 star Brian Harvey arrested over 'sending malicious tweets'
- 12:47 Strictly Come Dancing star Debbie McGee reveals why she doesn't...
- 12:47 Ex-Birmingham City striker Claridge has helped Tamworth new boy's...
- 12:47 Pound v US dollar: GBP climbs after BoE hints higher interest rates...
- 12:47 Zimbabwe in DIRE need of economic reform: Nation MUST act quickly...
- 12:46 People wore their old work uniforms to skip Black Friday lines
- 12:46 Grenfell Tower fire: Memorial tickets details released
- 12:46 Marathon man Gary McKee wins national award
- 12:46 Calls for 20mph limit on busy road
- 12:45 SNP councillor steps aside after sexual harassment investigation
- 12:45 Towie’s Amber Turner defies the haters by wearing risky hip-high...
- 12:44 'It's a miracle nobody was killed' - residents shock as Audi...
- 12:43 Roy Hodgson reveals Chelsea’s recall clause for Ruben Loftus-Cheek
- 12:43 Thinking of others is the best gift of all