Foreign workers list worse than Trump's Muslim ban - former No 10 aide
The Tory idea to make firms list their foreign workers is worse than Donald Trump's plan to ban Muslims from entering the US, David Cameron's former policy guru has warned.
Steve Hilton, who broke with the ex-PM to back Brexit, was scathing about Home Secretary Amber Rudd's suggestion, which provoked uproar after being trailed at the Conservative conference this week.
Ministers might as well announce that "foreign workers will be tattooed with numbers on their forearms," Mr Hilton wrote in the Sunday Times.
The former head of policy at No 10 warned that forcing companies to reveal... read more
- 00:24 'Always nice to see a few familiar faces': Wayne Rooney taunts...
- 00:22 U-turn over water changes in west Cumbria
- 00:21 Coutinho: If Liverpool signed Keita, Van Dijk and Salah they...
- 00:20 Great Wall of China revs up bid for Fiat Chrysler
- 00:19 PSG close to Kylian Mbappe agreement and in Fabinho talks: Duo to...
- 00:14 Crystal Palace make £15m move for Spurs' defender Kevin Wimmer...
- 00:14 Shock as Burger Chain Kicks Deaf Man Out
- 00:14 Eleanor Rigby's grave goes up for auction
- 00:14 'Stop the fags' poster appears in Melbourne
- 00:14 Are Turkey’s schools dropping evolution and teaching jihad?
- 00:13 Thomas Lemar to Arsenal: Monaco consider selling star before...
- 00:11 'We should give back art looted by the Nazis'
- 00:11 Ford announces £2,000 scrappage scheme for pre-2010 cars
- 00:10 Supplement warning: Not enough of THIS vitamin past age of 60 risks...
- 00:10 Arthritis diet: The SIX foods to avoid if you suffer painful symptoms
- 00:10 Babies born to obese mothers at 'higher risk of asthma'
- 00:10 How a school play about Aboriginal history set off a row
- 00:10 What happened when teens from Kashmir and Delhi became pen pals
- 00:10 Luke Shaw and Ashley Young back in action after injury as...
- 00:08 U-turn over water changes in West Cumbria
- 00:06 Chelsea await outcome of Arsenal and Oxlade-Chamberlain talks: No...
- 00:05 Iraq: Baghdad’s soldiers advance on Isis-held town of Tal Afar
- 00:05 Venezuela: Assembly ‘will foil black marketeers’
- 00:05 Bangladesh: 10 islamists to face firing squad over plot to kill PM
- 00:05 London fire chief ‘has had counselling after trauma’
- 00:05 Wave of inflatable sea creatures hits BP
- 00:05 Parents can’t meet basic needs of kids
- 00:05 Earthquake on Ischia leaves at least one dead and 25 injured
- 00:05 How your digital self could 'live' on after you die
- 00:03 BREAKING: Donald Trump to send 4,000 more troops to Afghanistan