Foreign worker list branded ‘modern-day yellow star’
Companies will have to list all the foreign workers they employ under controversial plans announced by the Home Secretary yesterday.
According to Amber Rudd the proposals, which she revealed at the Conservative Party conference in Birmingham, will ‘prevent migrants taking jobs British people can do’.
Violent 13-year-old threatened to 'put a metal rod' in child's spine She also promised to target students from non-EU countries by introducing tougher visa rules – despite claims from the Brexit camp during the referendum campaign that leaving the EU would help immigration claims from non-EU... read more
- 09:50 Music and banter galore
- 09:50 All recycling sites at Barrow supermarkets and Park Leisure Centre...
- 09:50 People’s History Show tells story of Black Agnes AgnAgnes
- 09:50 Morning misery for A19 and A1 commuters after three separate...
- 09:49 WATCH LIVE 10.30AM THURSDAY: Brexit debate and European...
- 09:49 Mum of baby who drowned in bath says ‘I was stupid’ to leave him...
- 09:49 Easter changes to bin collection
- 09:48 Sheffield flat set alight in arson attack
- 09:48 Virat Kohli: India captain clarifies 'hostile' Australia remark
- 09:48 Next phase of life begins for Warwick’s Old Shire Hall
- 09:48 Santi Cazorla will not play again this season as Arsenal boss...
- 09:47 Doctor Who season 10: Pearl Mackie told NOT to watch the series
- 09:46 Team’s 10K effort for lifeboat cause
- 09:46 Boston and Skegness MP backs Prime Minister’s EU pledge
- 09:46 Idyllic Derbyshire village earmarked for even more housing
- 09:46 Next phase of life begins for Warwick’s Old Shire Hall
- 09:46 Food wholesaler Booker Group reveals it enjoyed its best ever sales...
- 09:46 PCSO threatened with knife and cycle is stolen in York
- 09:45 Tesco to stop selling certain beers - but which ones, and why?
- 09:45 Casualty cut out of crashed car by firefighters
- 09:44 Caught on camera: Do you know them?
- 09:44 David Haye confirms Jimi Manuwa talks: UFC star wants boxing match...
- 09:44 Where does April Fool’s Day come from?
- 09:44 Tamworth FC's Dyer: 'There is no margin for error'
- 09:43 Trump to meet China's Xi in Florida next week
- 09:43 Arsene Wenger fires warning to Chelsea over Alexis Sanchez pursuit
- 09:42 Anger over motorists parking in disabled parking spaces in Melton
- 09:42 Three cut from cars after crash
- 09:42 Murder trial hears from police officer
- 09:41 Coventry City fans are suffering 'at the hands of callous shysters'