Foreign giants call on Chancellor Philip Hammond to confirm the UK is open to foreign investment
The world’s biggest infrastructure investors have called on Chancellor Philip Hammond to confirm the UK is open to foreign investment.
It follows the delay in giving the go-ahead to the French and Chinese-backed Hinkley Point nuclear contract – and the announcement of new rules on foreign investment in ‘critical infrastructure’.
A review of the law is due in 2017. Andy Rose, chief of the Global Infrastructure Investor Association, told The Mail on Sunday the Government needs to clarify its intentions because international investors are concerned.
The GIIA’s members control $300billion... read more
- 12:16 City's Big Bang anniversary overshadowed by Brexit concerns
- 12:15 How the humble shed is helping Barnsley men to beat loneliness
- 12:15 Theatre director Howard Davies dies aged 71
- 12:15 Get dressed up this Halloween for knock down prices to Twycross Zoo
- 12:15 Former boss of Glasgow's defunct Arches appointed artistic director...
- 12:15 Scots pay gap falls between men and women
- 12:15 16 dogs with a Hallowe'en costume better than yours
- 12:14 Exhibition of photographer’s work featuring Jarrow march on show
- 12:14 Chloe’s specs appeal has won her a national award
- 12:14 Christleton High School invites you to A Night At The Musicals
- 12:14 Charity takes on new boss
- 12:14 Mercedes-Benz X-Class - the first premium pick-up
- 12:14 Rolls-Royce Dawn adds new trim options Inspired by Fashion
- 12:14 Eroded canyons, red sunsets and enormous dunes: Discover the magic...
- 12:14 Thousands stolen from security man during violent robbery in...
- 12:13 Six of the best pumpkin ideas and how to make them
- 12:13 Vandal caught scratching car on CCTV camera
- 12:13 Missing Lemington man Lee Bell was last seen three weeks ago
- 12:12 Six of the best pumpkin ideas and how to make them
- 12:12 Ayrshire curlers do battle for the Eglinton Jug at Ayr Ice Rink
- 12:12 New bin collection dates start next week
- 12:12 Bogus window cleaner stole £800 from elderly woman’s home
- 12:12 16 dogs with a Hallowe'en costume better than yours
- 12:12 Hartlepool teen used stolen bank card to raid 95-year-old dementia...
- 12:11 Six of the best pumpkin ideas and how to make them
- 12:11 Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain sets sights on Premier...
- 12:11 SNAPPED: Man United star Paul Pogba as you've never seen him before
- 12:11 William Hill refuse to pay OAP £800 because of betting slip mistake
- 12:11 Open day for over-55s ‘HAPPI’ homes
- 12:11 Thousands stolen from security man during violent robbery in...