For now, U.S. tries to ignore Philippine president's broadsides
U.S. officials are doing their best to ignore Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte's hostile rhetoric and taking comfort in the fact that he has yet to translate his words into less military cooperation.
The United States is trying not to give the new Philippine president, who recently appeared to liken himself to Hitler, a pretext for further outbursts while at the same time pressing ahead with military and other cooperation at lower levels, U.S. officials said on Monday.
Two U.S. officials said that while an open break with Manila would create problems in a region where China has grown... read more
- 04:32 EXCLUSIVE: Monaco slap whopping £130m price tag on Man United target
- 04:32 EXCLUSIVE: How James Ward-Prowse is keeping this Southampton icon's...
- 04:32 England boss Gareth Southgate: I still need Wayne Rooney
- 04:32 PAUL HETHERINGTON COLUMN: Southgate's warning, Demebele's price...
- 04:32 Chris Coleman: This is how Neil Taylor reacted to Seamus Coleman's...
- 04:32 Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill: When we reach this number,...
- 04:21 Anti-Trump protester sparks CHAOS after using 'PEPPER SPRAY to...
- 04:15 Jesse Lingard reveals how Gareth Southgate's young England squad...
- 04:10 Chinese authorities block Sydney academic from boarding flight home
- 04:05 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 03:48 Vietnamese detainee dies in Japan's immigration centre - sources
- 03:48 THE WEEKEND STARTS HERE: Ten amazing things to do in Derbyshire
- 03:47 Roadworks: What's happening in Leicester this week?
- 03:44 Thandie Newton joins cast of hit police drama Line Of Duty
- 03:44 Book by Auschwitz survivor tops German biography best-seller list
- 03:40 Norway boss Lars Lagerback gives thoughts on links to England job
- 03:36 EXCLUSIVE: Man City paying extraordinary amounts to keep Joe Hart...
- 03:34 Scarborough retailer prosecuted for selling e-cigarette to teenager
- 03:32 Night-time loo trips 'linked to salt in diet'
- 03:28 Can long-haul air travel also be low cost?
- 03:28 'We should not be the most backward country on maternity pay'
- 03:15 Guyana's transgender activists fight archaic law
- 03:15 The place where children can be very unlucky with their names
- 03:13 Coronation Street spoilers: Horror for Tracy Barlow as Amy...
- 03:13 Mud, sweat and cheers: The rise of obstacle course racing
- 03:11 Entertainment news round-up: 19-25 March
- 03:11 Line of Duty: All you need to know to get up to speed for series four
- 03:09 Art world's Welsh national gallery wish list
- 02:59 'Why is Gary Barlow wearing a suit made out of my gran's...
- 02:59 Nipping out for the evening! Braless Naomi Campbell, 46, stuns in a...