Football clubs warned they face Scottish Government rap over fan disorder due to SFA failings
THE Scottish Government has warned it will step in and deal with disorder at football matches if the SFA fail to properly address the issue.
The threat came in the wake of the football authority's failure to take disciplinary action over the violent scenes that marred the Scottish Cup Final.
Hibs and Rangers both saw SFA disciplinary charges dismissed by an independent judicial panel on Wednesday.
The panel dismissed as "irrelevant" charges over damage to advertising equipment and, in the case of Hibs, the Hampden pitch and goalposts following a mass pitch invasion by both sets of... read more
- 13:17 Why Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers CAN to play two up front like he...
- 13:16 Top award for Sheffield worker who cared for dying patient
- 13:16 Expected Man Utd XI: Zlatan dropped? Mourinho to shake up 4-2-3-1...
- 13:16 Man United passed up the chance to sign this Premier League legend
- 13:15 Gundogan targets how Man City can beat Manchester United in the EFL...
- 13:14 Sick kittens ‘left to die’ in Tutbury skip
- 13:14 Man in court on murder charge after headless body found in lay-by
- 13:14 Tennis-mad Barton pensioner, 75, beats opposition in league debut
- 13:14 World health leaders urge junk food ads ban on TV shows appealing...
- 13:13 Dunkirk veteran raises almost £2k by playing his pipes
- 13:12 The Black Sea's 'dead zone': Explorers accidentally find a...
- 13:12 Your brain on cannabis: 3D image provides the clearest picture yet...
- 13:12 Only a week left for Melton parents to apply for secondary school...
- 13:12 Pacific islanders may carry the DNA of an unknown human species:...
- 13:12 Melton and District Flower Club triumph with their winter...
- 13:11 Oswestry Co-op store robbed at knifepoint
- 13:11 Inspirational Sheffield headteacher retires after 32 years
- 13:11 Top award for Sheffield worker who cared for dying patient
- 13:10 How you can get your hands on a piece of Great North Snowdogs history
- 13:10 Denise Welch blasts airline for 'tired pilot' drama which ruined...
- 13:10 Hundreds of cannabis plants seized by police from industrial unit...
- 13:09 A grand day out
- 13:09 Time Warner CEO says only AT&T approached with offer
- 13:09 What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Grimsby?
- 13:09 Tax officials withdraw petition to wind up Notts County
- 13:08 Police called to play centre after furious mum screams at staff in...
- 13:08 Clitheroe police release CCTV image after stolen bank card is used...
- 13:07 Comedy review: Gary, Tank Commander - Mission Quite Possible
- 13:07 Dance review: Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
- 13:07 Edgeworth sinks Town with stoppage-time winner