Football clubs warned they face Scottish Government rap over fan disorder due to SFA failings
THE Scottish Government has warned it will step in and deal with disorder at football matches if the SFA fail to properly address the issue.
The threat came in the wake of the football authority's failure to take disciplinary action over the violent scenes that marred the Scottish Cup Final.
Hibs and Rangers both saw SFA disciplinary charges dismissed by an independent judicial panel on Wednesday.
The panel dismissed as "irrelevant" charges over damage to advertising equipment and, in the case of Hibs, the Hampden pitch and goalposts following a mass pitch invasion by both sets of... read more
- 13:36 Sales: Retail sales FALL despite a positive trend of steady growth
- 13:36 Mecca Bingo owner Rank Group relishes hike in sales thanks to...
- 13:36 West Ham team news for Brighton clash leaked by club insider on...
- 13:36 Liverpool News: Jurgen Klopp reveals plan for Tottenham game and...
- 13:36 Jurgen Klopp gives Sadio Mane injury update ahead of Liverpool’s...
- 13:36 Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham fans face washout weekend as...
- 13:35 Liverpool transfer news: Barcelona accelerate Philippe Coutinho...
- 13:35 Protesters lock-on at Preston New Road
- 13:35 World War 3 will not break out during South Korea winter Olympics,...
- 13:35 Elderly cancer-stricken mum and son want to move from Chesterfield...
- 13:34 Tragedy as man dies while travelling on bus in Hartlepool
- 13:34 Hartlepool pensioner knits up trauma teddies for the air ambulance
- 13:34 BBC sorry over gay conversion tweet
- 13:34 POLL: Should the smacking of children be banned?
- 13:33 Protesters lock-on at Preston New Road
- 13:32 PHOTO GALLERY: Borrowdale shows Cumbria at its autumnal best
- 13:32 Huddersfield vs Man Utd TV channel, kick-off time, date, odds and...
- 13:31 Barrow man banned from vets after abusive threats
- 13:31 Midfielder Knight makes move to FC Stratford
- 13:31 Spalding United former physio and long-time supporter Jack Pateman...
- 13:31 Shauna’s Christmas wish
- 13:31 Christopher Home helping to take the pressure off A&E
- 13:31 Underage sex man avoids jail
- 13:30 Court: Retired shepherd let dogs terrorise sheep
- 13:29 Can too much sugar cause NIGHTMARES? Bizarre myths believed by...
- 13:28 Aldi is now selling its own luxury Thai curry kits for £1.39
- 13:28 Fans accuse EastEnders of 'copying' Coronation Street
- 13:28 Premier League predictions: Super computer calls this weekend’s...
- 13:28 Tip charges set to start at county's recycling centres
- 13:27 Terrorist who tried to blow up plane with underwear bomb now suing...