Food allergy app sees appetite for growth in Scotland
An app focused on food allergies is to officially launch in Scotland next year, amid an expected strong appetite for the service.
Kafoodle both helps allergy sufferers dine out safely and also restaurants and food outlets stay allergen-compliant.
The London-based venture was co-founded by Kim Antoniou, whose background is in construction technology, after her husband nearly died when a waiter failed to inform the chef of his very severe sesame allergy.
READ MORE: Jane Bradley: Allergies are a real risk for so many
This experience, as well as EU legislation launched in 2014 on food allergen... read more
- 12:19 Multi-agency effort to tackle underage drinking in Alnwick
- 12:19 Simulating wildfires through technology
- 12:18 Prisoner goes missing
- 12:18 Wheels come off as Boxing Day pram race gets the push
- 12:18 Lancashire MP in battle against money laundering
- 12:18 Hartlepool United's season and Craig Hignett's reign in numbers
- 12:18 Under the Radar: The Blet Project
- 12:18 Charity takes on new boss
- 12:18 Book review: Autumn, by Ali Smith
- 12:18 Two men fined for fly-tipping
- 12:17 Doncaster prositute support plan nominated for award
- 12:17 Court round-up: Grantham area defendants brought before magistrates
- 12:17 Six of the best pumpkin ideas and how to make them
- 12:16 City's Big Bang anniversary overshadowed by Brexit concerns
- 12:15 How the humble shed is helping Barnsley men to beat loneliness
- 12:15 Theatre director Howard Davies dies aged 71
- 12:15 Get dressed up this Halloween for knock down prices to Twycross Zoo
- 12:15 Former boss of Glasgow's defunct Arches appointed artistic director...
- 12:15 Scots pay gap falls between men and women
- 12:15 16 dogs with a Hallowe'en costume better than yours
- 12:14 Exhibition of photographer’s work featuring Jarrow march on show
- 12:14 Chloe’s specs appeal has won her a national award
- 12:14 Christleton High School invites you to A Night At The Musicals
- 12:14 Charity takes on new boss
- 12:14 Mercedes-Benz X-Class - the first premium pick-up
- 12:14 Rolls-Royce Dawn adds new trim options Inspired by Fashion
- 12:14 Eroded canyons, red sunsets and enormous dunes: Discover the magic...
- 12:14 Thousands stolen from security man during violent robbery in...
- 12:13 Six of the best pumpkin ideas and how to make them
- 12:13 Vandal caught scratching car on CCTV camera