Folk musician Davy Graham honoured with birthplace plaque
One of the UK's most influential folk musicians is being remembered with a plaque in the town where he was born.
Davy Graham, who died in 2008 aged 68, was described as a "guitar genius".
One of his pieces, Anji, was covered on the Simon and Garfunkel album Sounds of Silence and he is credited with inspiring a generation of singers.
The plaque will be unveiled at his birthplace, the former Bosworth Park Infirmary, in Market Bosworth, Leicestershire.
Davy travelled extensively and brought Middle Eastern and Indian influences into his repertoire and is often credited with pioneering... read more
- 16:14 Lakes hotel unveils £250k bedrooms revamp
- 16:14 South Cumbria pupils experience life as college students
- 16:14 Sports brand stays one step ahead with world first in footwear
- 16:14 Fire crews tackle blaze at Co-operative supermarket in Norton
- 16:14 40 cameras and the 'same people over and over': The battle against...
- 16:14 Ryanair pilots set to strike five days before Christmas
- 16:13 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Alexandra Burke issued APOLOGY over...
- 16:13 Toto Wolff sets Valtteri Bottas task of overtaking F1 champion...
- 16:13 Motorway blocked after crash between two lorries and a car
- 16:13 Llandyrnog cheese plants defeats ice and snow to take delivery of...
- 16:13 Teams worked through the night
- 16:12 New deal secures future of Bakewell’s Agricultural Business Centre
- 16:12 The festive foods you can and can't feed your dogs and cats
- 16:12 Which supermarket is the cheapest Aldi or Lidl?
- 16:12 A great year for Building Bridges in Burnley
- 16:12 West Ham v Arsenal: Drop Alexis Sanchez and give Olivier Giroud and...
- 16:12 Marcos Rojo reveals gruesome head wound after Manchester United’s...
- 16:11 Arriva bus strike vote tonight: Facebook debate rages
- 16:11 Mum almost FIVE TIMES the drink drive limit drove on M62 with...
- 16:11 Toni Kroos urged to join Manchester United FC after tweet
- 16:11 Glenfield team saved life of baby with heart outside her body
- 16:10 Woman finds ‘pain in the ass’ written on her receipt
- 16:10 Enjoy a stroll in the Notts countryside? Footpath bosses want your...
- 16:09 When is Mad Friday 2017 and what's on in Birmingham's bars and clubs?
- 16:09 Rescheduled dates for rubbish and recycling collections following...
- 16:09 Bear Grylls Adventure new NEC attraction includes biggest high rope...
- 16:09 Man airlifted to hospital with serious injuries after M180 crash
- 16:09 Nutella flavoured Oreos are perfect for dunking into hot chocolate...
- 16:07 What Pep Guardiola told his Man City players after Man Utd derby...
- 16:07 What Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola have said about Manchester...