Flytippers dump waste at Preston Cemetery in ‘despicable’ act
Piles of household waste have been dumped in Preston Cemetery in a “despicable” act by flytippers.
Furniture, bin bags and paperwork was strewn across the middle of a path in the cemetery over the weekend, with leaders describing the tipping as “totally disrespectful”.
Volunteers moved the dumped waste to one side of the path to help families access the place of rest, before council officers began a clean-up operation.
Town Hall bosses are now calling for witnesses to come forward.
A spokesman for Preston Council said: “This is an unacceptable and totally disrespectful act.
“The clear up of... read more
- 17:16 Medieval potions are stirred up for a spell as exhibition is launched
- 17:16 Doncaster man who had 6,000 indecent images and groped teenage girl...
- 17:16 'Barnacled angels': the whales of Stellwagen Bank – a photo essay
- 17:16 Man in his 50s left in 'critical condition' after serious crash...
- 17:16 Small victory for Northants library campaigners
- 17:15 Police close £100k cannabis factory in Narborough Road house and...
- 17:15 Prince William and Theresa May visit Leicestershire to unveil new...
- 17:14 Small victory for Northants library campaigners
- 17:14 From punk rocker to Lord Mayor of Birmingham for Anita Ward
- 17:13 Councillors back campaign to protect city’s urgent care services
- 17:13 Pittsburgh officer in fatal shooting of Antwon Rose 'just sworn in'
- 17:12 Swedish reporter attempts to troll Germany star Sami Khedira –...
- 17:12 Silence deafening over future of Blackpool hotel
- 17:11 Ahoy musical raises money for cancer charity
- 17:10 Roland Rudd's driver questioned in insider dealing inquiry
- 17:10 Cook and Endeavour murals now restored
- 17:10 Fire at former care home in Beverley - live updates
- 17:10 Couple assist Second World War veterans during Normandy visit
- 17:09 Harrogate leads UK with new cancer treatment school
- 17:09 Bradford police investigating after man in van 'pulled up and asked...
- 17:09 Big stars, little interest: when movie heavyweights fizzle on TV
- 17:09 Almost 60 firefighters battling huge blaze below block of London flats
- 17:09 ‘Gaming disorder’ is not real and addiction claims are based on...
- 17:09 Sex shop raiders stole money and punched member of staff
- 17:09 Robbers also targeted store and bingo hall in crimewave
- 17:08 Barrow needs to be safer for cyclists, top cop says
- 17:08 Health bosses pushing ahead with hospital service reforms
- 17:08 Ulverston and Broughton make the list of 10 best market towns in...
- 17:08 Yulin dog meat festival in pictures: Shocking pictures show...
- 17:07 Sex shop raiders stole money and punched member of staff