Flood warning and alerts in place for Cumbria coast
A flood warning is still in place for part of the north Cumbria coastline.
The Environment Agency says properties and roads on the stretch from Gretna to Silloth, including Port Carlisle, Skinburness and Rockcliffe are at risk.
Though the warning - which means flooding is expected - was issued for this morning's high tide, it has not yet been rescinded.
The tide was forecast to peak between 00.45am and 1.15am. It was predicted that Silloth would see an additional surge of 0.3m on top of its forecast 5.73m tide.
And flood alerts - the lowest level of warning - are in place for the coast from... read more
- 06:21 PUBG servers down: Battlegrounds on Xbox One hit by connection issues
- 06:20 Real Madrid news LIVE updates: Man Utd want Bale, Salah swap, Club...
- 06:20 Liverpool v West Brom: Paul Merson makes prediction for Premier...
- 06:19 Village library group to hand petition protesting closures to...
- 06:19 Bitterly cold night as Britain freezes under -13°C temperature
- 06:19 Ilkeston thief 'causes disgrace to her family' with latest...
- 06:19 M1 driver escapes jail after blasting through roadworks at 128mph
- 06:19 Hero paramedic found Derby human trafficking victim who had been...
- 06:19 Derby County tactics' board: How Rams can beat stubborn opponents...
- 06:18 Police advice to combat wreath thefts
- 06:14 Transfer news: Chelsea to ambush Arsenal and Liverpool approach for...
- 06:14 Darren McGarvey: An occupy movement that could deliver real change
- 06:14 Paris Gourtsoyannis: May’s Brexit deal is actually a trap
- 06:14 Good rating for Northumbria Police in legitimacy assessment
- 06:14 Theresa May gag voted best original Christmas cracker joke
- 06:14 Lib Dem Lords leader speaks in Alnwick
- 06:13 Improvements put forward for Wellingborough’s crematorium
- 06:14 NHS pressures unsustainable as nurses hit pay ‘breaking point’ pay
- 06:13 Volunteers thanked for years of support at Irthlingborough charity
- 06:13 Kettering’s biggest hotel set for green light
- 06:13 Buses to replace peak trains from Corby, Kettering and...
- 06:12 School is officially world class after wowing award judges
- 06:12 South Shields School has ‘clear’ vision for improvement, says Ofsted
- 06:12 16 more arrests in Christmas crime crackdown
- 06:12 Residents furious over new South Shields sports club plan
- 06:12 New South Shields paving scheme NOT a deterrent to homeless says...
- 06:11 Good rating for Northumbria Police in legitimacy assessment
- 06:10 Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi? Natalie Sawyer reveals the one...
- 06:10 Alex Chinneck: Why I want to build a set of giant chimneys along a...
- 06:10 Mark Casci: Below average is not good enough for our great region