Flood Re CEO seeks flood insurance cover clarity from the Government
According to the Environment Agency, millions of people across the country are at risk of flooding.
McCafferty said that one of the complications is that many people do not understand the flood risks facing them, because of the jargon used by insurers and the Government.
“We need to do more on flood awareness, we need a simpler way to get the message across,” he said.
“The problem is that the Government and industry talk in a language that people do not understand, things like saying a flood is a ‘one-in-50 year event’. This needs to be improved.”
Flood Re was set up by the Government... read more
- 04:06 BOJ won't try to push down super-long yields - Kuroda
- 03:49 Stop and search: Police training aims to raise standards
- 03:49 A-levels choice 'reduced by funding squeeze'
- 03:48 Data: Aston Villa are top - but of what league?
- 03:38 Doctors' low morale 'puts patients at risk'
- 03:36 OPPO leapfrogs smartphone rivals with ad blitz and sales force
- 03:36 Samsung Electronics vows mobile rebound after third quarter Note 7...
- 03:32 John McDonnell to warn against 'bankers' Brexit'
- 03:23 Nikkei edges down; Nintendo, Canon weak as earnings disappoint
- 03:19 Essex Police 'admit Michael Barrymore was wrongfully arrested'
- 03:19 Seven arrested as violence erupts at the London Stadium
- 03:17 Deutsche bank to sell Mexican units to Investabank-source
- 03:17 Chinese paper says China, U.S. to step up anti-graft cooperation
- 03:10 Syd Barrett: Cambridge honours its 'Crazy Diamond'
- 03:10 Michael Ball and Alfie Boe: 'We wanted to do a tribute to Wham!'
- 03:01 Samsung Electronics to change quality assurance processes after...
- 02:59 Inquests to be held over deaths in family shooting case
- 02:55 Single parents owed millions of pounds for child maintenance, study...
- 02:55 Candice Brown crowned Bake Off winner in last series before Channel...
- 02:52 Candice Brown crowned Bake Off winner in last series before Channel...
- 02:47 US abstains from UN vote against Cuba embargo
- 02:47 Seven arrested as violence erupts at the London Stadium
- 02:47 Essex Police 'admit Michael Barrymore was wrongfully arrested'
- 02:46 More Republicans expect Clinton, rather than Trump, to win U.S....
- 02:42 'Grim conditions' put older tenants at risk in privately rented homes
- 02:42 More than six million families struggling with debt worries,...
- 02:21 Liverpool paired with Leeds in EFL Cup quarter-final draw
- 02:21 David Moyes admits he deserved punishment for swearing at ref in...
- 02:21 West Ham boss Slaven Bilic condemns trouble which marred cup win...
- 02:21 Metropolitan Police make seven arrests after violence in West Ham...