Flood Re CEO seeks flood insurance cover clarity from the Government
According to the Environment Agency, millions of people across the country are at risk of flooding.
McCafferty said that one of the complications is that many people do not understand the flood risks facing them, because of the jargon used by insurers and the Government.
“We need to do more on flood awareness, we need a simpler way to get the message across,” he said.
“The problem is that the Government and industry talk in a language that people do not understand, things like saying a flood is a ‘one-in-50 year event’. This needs to be improved.”
Flood Re was set up by the Government... read more
- 17:33 'We need a £100m bailout': Campaigners send a message to...
- 17:33 Eden Hazard drops major hint he’s set to stay at Chelsea amid...
- 17:32 Coffee morning will raise funds for church in Dunstall
- 17:31 New Kenilworth mayor chosen at ceremony
- 17:31 Man wanted after failing to appear at Leamington court
- 17:30 'Game changing' Cumbrian bobby recognised for diversity achievements
- 17:29 Well Versed Irish government Minister Unveils Monument to Victims...
- 17:29 Film round-up Sense of realism rewarded at Cannes film festival
- 17:29 Theatre review Thorny issues of sex and sentience
- 17:29 Book review Iron in the soul of a great working-class novel
- 17:29 A fox has been rescued after getting her head stuck in a watering can
- 17:29 Newborn baby becomes fifth generation of girls born into her family
- 17:28 Manuel Pellegrini set to confirmed as West Ham’s new manager
- 17:27 The Golden Years: Why Yorkshire is the best place to enjoy retirement
- 17:27 How much did Meghan Markle's dress cost? Run down of the Royal...
- 17:27 The best and worst dressed celebrity Royal Wedding guests
- 17:25 Neston pair charged with weapons offences following reported fight
- 17:25 'It's been 50 years - now sort out our Doncaster village's old slag...
- 17:25 The Golden Years: Why Yorkshire is the best place to enjoy retirement
- 17:24 'It's been 50 years - now sort out our Doncaster village's old slag...
- 17:24 Barrow charity boss scoops invite to Royal Wedding
- 17:24 Preventable diseases are still killing animals
- 17:24 Fire crew called to gorse fire
- 17:24 Cumbrian Challenge raises more than £1million for ex-servicemen and...
- 17:24 Cumbria's best apprentice urges the community to nominate dedicated...
- 17:24 Police officer recognised for diversity work in Cumbria
- 17:23 Popular DNA website helps cops nail ‘killer’ suspected of murdering...
- 17:23 Venezuela: Maduro hails election win but world leaders threaten...
- 17:23 Blackpool Belle puts resort on track for direct service to London
- 17:23 Elon Musk announces $78,000 high-performance version of Tesla Model 3