Flood alerts for East Yorkshire coast as rain, wind and high seas hit
Flood alerts have been issued for large areas of East Riding as heavy rain and high tides threaten some areas.
The coast is currently most at risk although the picture looks brighter for Hull and inland areas despite heavy rain showers.
Amber flood warnings have been confirmed along the East Yorkshire coast by the Environment Agency because of the risk of "overtopping waves" at high tides.
The alerts - meaning that flooding is possible and residents should be prepared - affect the Humber estuary between Spurn Point and Winestead Outfall, the North Sea Coast at Withernsea,... read more
- 14:20 SUNDAY NEWSPAPER SHARE TIPS: RM Secured Direct Lending, Places for...
- 14:19 Finland shooting: Three women killed outside restaurant in Imatra
- 14:18 Get in the Christmas spirit with new production
- 14:16 Cleethorpes in the 1960s - Pictures
- 14:15 Melton Times letter: Plans to close St Mary’s Birth Centre
- 14:15 Arsenal star David Ospina planning talks with Arsene Wenger over...
- 14:12 Christmas party in Louth for the Air Ambulance
- 14:10 Witnesses sought after 'deliberate' Ribchester barn fire
- 14:10 A leap forward or a step too far? The new debate over embryo research
- 14:09 Derbyshire council chiefs pull funding for ‘lifeline’ bus service
- 14:08 Derbyshire council chiefs pull funding for ‘lifeline’ bus service
- 14:08 Markets braced as Italians and Austrians go to the polls
- 14:08 Samuel Eto’o slams Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho: He’s out...
- 14:06 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Brownies present money from show
- 14:06 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 14:05 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 14:03 Were you among 600 Santas doing the Jingle Jog at Markeaton Park in...
- 14:01 Willian believes this was key to Chelsea's win over Man City
- 13:58 Serious crash closes Lincolnshire road - police at the scene
- 13:54 Pet cat has surgery after being shot near Oswestry
- 13:51 Chelsea defender David Luiz plays down Manchester City striker...
- 13:51 Traffic backing up in the city centre following crash in Lower...
- 13:46 48 hours in Castro's Cuba: From sipping daiquiris at Hemmingway's...
- 13:47 Serious crash closes road, police on the scene
- 13:47 Hull food hygiene ratings show four need to make major improvements
- 13:46 A REAL cliff hanger! Extreme campers pitch climbing tents more than...
- 13:46 Less than half of U.S. hotels have Bibles in rooms - but Trump...
- 13:46 COLUMN: Explore the Peaks from every angle like Puttrell
- 13:46 Derbyshire council chiefs pull funding for ‘lifeline’ bus service
- 13:46 Ironville and Codnor Park Primary School is 'inadequate'