Flintshire pensioner died after fall at Ysbyty Glan Clwyd where doctor was too busy to see him
A hospital doctor who was summoned to see an elderly patient who had fallen never managed to see him because she was too busy, an inquest heard.
It was not realised that 82-year-old Glyn Haydn Roberts had fractured his skull in the fall, but soon after Dr Claire Dunne had finished her 12-hour shift his condition deteriorated and he died a few hours later.
At a hearing in Ruthin today John Gittins, coroner for North Wales East and Central, said while he sympathised with the volume of work facing junior doctors he was concerned Dr Dunne had been too busy to respond to her “bleeper”.
However,... read more
- 08:10 Theresa May tells country to unite as UK’s EU exit is signed
- 08:10 Suspension for Shrpshire nurse who altered notes of a teenage boy...
- 08:10 Banks try to calm staff nerves with staggered Brexit shift
- 08:10 Shropshire's hospitals miss 18-week target
- 08:09 Toshiba's Westinghouse 'files for US bankruptcy'
- 08:09 Taxi passengers facing higher fares to Newcastle Airport due to...
- 08:09 New business is fresh start for painter Phil
- 08:09 Top Army band sign up for Prescot Festival
- 08:08 Two Birmingham men still in custody over Westminster terror attack
- 08:07 Embrace the fear: 15 signs it’s time to quit your job
- 08:07 Police probe claims empty Coca Cola cans 'contaminated with...
- 08:06 Johnston Press flags improvement amid tough market
- 08:03 Nepal asks climbers to clean quake-littered Everest camp
- 08:03 Pensioner at centre of care home dog row could be moving to Cumbria
- 08:03 Court shows mercy for bereaved homeless man after fracas
- 08:03 A612 delays after crash between a car and van
- 08:03 Violet Youens: Man charged over four-year-old's death
- 08:02 Canine capers in the Lake District with new BBC series
- 08:03 Royal Marine Alexander Blackman expresses 'relief' at sentence cut
- 08:03 Flybe cuts capacity and costs due to weak demand, pricing pressure
- 08:03 London attack: Thames women's family overwhelmed by 'love and support'
- 08:02 Cumbria MPs speak out over implications of triggering Article 50
- 08:02 'Bogus' plans for farm rejected by town council
- 08:02 Owner says he's devastated to lose his pet after court orders pit...
- 08:02 Council chief wants JCB at proposed development site to show progress
- 08:01 RISE AND SHINE: All your essential morning info to start the day
- 08:01 Miami Open 2017 results: Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal march on as...
- 08:01 More people are rescued off Cleethorpes than almost anywhere in...
- 08:00 Manchester United target Kieran Tierney impresses Scotland veteran...
- 08:00 Peru 2-1 Uruguay: Luis Suarez unable to help visitors as Paolo...