Fixed-rate bonds continue to tumble with top one-year deal now paying just 1%
Fixed-rate bonds continue to tumble, with the top rate in the High Street for new savings at just 1 per cent fixed for one year.
And only one major provider — Skipton BS — is offering this rate. Nationwide and Leeds are among the top payers, even though they pay a lowly 0.95 per cent.
Top deals don’t stay around long. Newcastle BS’s one-year bond at 1.2 per cent was on sale for just three days before it was shut to new savers this week.
If you are prepared to buy bonds online, you can earn nearly two-fifths more interest.
Charter Savings Bank pays 1.38 per cent fixed for 12 months or a... read more
- 20:44 The charred Soyuz craft that took Tim Peake to space and back will...
- 20:44 The REAL paleo diet: More than 9,000 plant remains reveal...
- 20:44 BMW employees use remote locking technology to trap car thief...
- 20:44 Fault near Kathmandu could produce magnitude 8 or greater...
- 20:44 How life first walked on land: Four-legged fossils found in...
- 20:44 Woman freed from car after seven vehicle accident on A500 in Weston
- 20:40 Farage campaigns in front of misspelt constituency poster
- 20:39 Jamie Carragher singles out this Liverpool player for criticism: He...
- 20:35 FA Cup draw: All the third round ties as the Premier League big...
- 20:35 Prem boss: This is why Liverpool lost to Bournemouth
- 20:31 Picnics are back at the Pastures concert
- 20:30 New Zealand prime minister John Key annouces shock resignation
- 20:30 When is Basel v Arsenal? TV channel, date, kick-off time and odds
- 20:29 Arsenal star played like he had a point to prove against West Ham:...
- 20:28 Brexit: EU nationals 'will need documentation to stay in UK'
- 20:28 Plans cut to withdraw benefits from obese
- 20:26 Recap: FA Cup third-round draw, Burton Albion drawn away at Premier...
- 20:25 Revealed: Planned proposals for 250 new homes on green fields near...
- 20:25 Chinese buy President Xi and David Cameron visit pub
- 20:24 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: Police search for tragic Chief Inspector was...
- 20:22 Victoria and Albert Museum to display Tommy Cooper's fez
- 20:22 Community-minded couple to launch Christmas event
- 20:22 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 20:21 Premier League boss reveals the tactics he used to beat Liverpool
- 20:19 Duncan Watmore out for the season after injuring his knee in...
- 20:18 Bus firms reveal Christmas timetable for Burton and South Derbyshire
- 20:18 WATCH: Burton family's journey to start new life in Africa told in...
- 20:17 A52 congestion-busting work set to start in June next year
- 20:17 Man suffers 'horrific' injuries in attack at Derby's Walkabout bar
- 20:17 More change for pupils as school put in 'special measures' by Ofsted