Fix your mortgage NOW: Brokers sound alarm as Trump win helps long-term interest rates spiral upwards
Long-term mortgage rates for British homeowners are likely to rise within days following a surge in the cost of borrowing for lenders, a broker has warned, aided by Donald Trump's shock win in last week's US presidential election.
Mortgage broker firm John Charcol is predicting that five-year and 10-year fixed rates will be the first to see prices go up, with lenders expected to start hiking costs later this week.
The price rises will reverse more than a year of lenders slashing mortgage rates in a bid to entice borrowers to remortgage.
But their ability to keep mortgage rates at rock... read more
- 16:17 Rafa Benitez: Talk of Newcastle takeover hasn't caused slump in form
- 16:17 The best times to put your children to bed according to their age
- 16:16 Leeds student’s death - jury inquest continues
- 16:16 ‘Rebuild trust’ between football fans and police to fight sectarianism
- 16:16 Can you get sued for clearing snow and ice from your driveway?
- 16:16 Model glassed woman in face after being denied entry to VIP area
- 16:16 Bones of penguin the size of a man discovered in New Zealand
- 16:16 How Derby County's subs are playing a key role this season
- 16:16 Driver ‘deliberately crashed into group of bouncers’ after...
- 16:16 Failed New York suicide bomber taunted Donald Trump with Facebook post
- 16:16 JK Rowling made Companion of Honour
- 16:15 Nuneaton household's dazzling festive fundraiser
- 16:15 The big freeze: Some schools to remain closed for a THIRD day
- 16:15 Ross Barkley reveals scar after hamstring injury - but he is close...
- 16:15 Can you get sued for clearing snow and ice from your driveway?
- 16:15 Public hearing into Melton Local Plan to start next month
- 16:15 Repeat victim robbed at knifepoint after raiders broke into his...
- 16:15 Leeds student’s death - jury inquest continues
- 16:14 Mosque linked to ISIS Jihadi terror forced to install CCTV to...
- 16:14 Lakes hotel unveils £250k bedrooms revamp
- 16:14 South Cumbria pupils experience life as college students
- 16:14 Sports brand stays one step ahead with world first in footwear
- 16:14 Fire crews tackle blaze at Co-operative supermarket in Norton
- 16:14 40 cameras and the 'same people over and over': The battle against...
- 16:14 Ryanair pilots set to strike five days before Christmas
- 16:13 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Alexandra Burke issued APOLOGY over...
- 16:13 Toto Wolff sets Valtteri Bottas task of overtaking F1 champion...
- 16:13 Motorway blocked after crash between two lorries and a car
- 16:13 Llandyrnog cheese plants defeats ice and snow to take delivery of...
- 16:13 Teams worked through the night