Five things urgently required for Zimbabwe’s economy to work
Current events in Zimbabwe show that while a week may be a long time in politics, it is really a very short blink of an eye in economics. Zimbabweans on the streets of Harare and Bulawayo may be hopeful for political change, but they are much more sanguine and realistic when it comes to improving the country's economy.
Presidents can be impeached in days or weeks. It takes years to wreck economies and usually even longer to repair them.
So, will Emmerson Mnangagwa be able to take Zimbabwe's economy off life support and at least start to put it on the road to recovery? Analysts are very... read more
- 14:36 Seven Hull business stories you may have missed this week
- 14:36 Royal Regiment of Fusiliers Museum looking for help to make...
- 14:34 Naked university rowers suspended from Instagram
- 14:34 West Ham transfer news: SIX players linked to the Hammers after...
- 14:34 CO2 shortage could hit UK beer and chicken supplies during World Cup
- 14:34 Hospital payout for cancer patient's family after 'failures in care'
- 14:34 Middle income households faring best since the crash, report finds
- 14:34 Disney raises offer for 21st Century Fox to $71.3bn and outflanks...
- 14:33 Why there could be a World Cup beer crisis
- 14:33 I don’t want to be upskirted – are there any outfits I should avoid?
- 14:33 Where is cannabis legal around the world and where can you only use...
- 14:32 Summer fair will mark Whitley Bay school’s centenary year
- 14:32 Pals team up for Rushden quiz night in aid of Gambian friend
- 14:32 Whitley Bay pub undergoing a major refurbishment
- 14:32 Watch: Paddy McGuinness, Peter Crouch and Jamie Redknapp pile into...
- 14:32 Bookmakers slashed odds on dramatic Love Island return for Charlie...
- 14:32 Whitefield Aldi given go-ahead to knock down 'community hub' next...
- 14:31 10 Fringe and Festival jobs you can apply for now
- 14:30 Drugged driver had pregnant girlfriend in car during high-speed...
- 14:28 The Yorkshire Post says: Emails at PMQs about North’s ‘valueless’...
- 14:28 Watch: Hundreds stop to watch parrot on the loose in Birmingham...
- 14:27 Millionaire refuses to pull down Britain’s biggest man cave so he’s...
- 14:27 Hospital payout for cancer patient's family after 'failures in care'
- 14:26 University of Hull and VISR launch mixed reality accelerator
- 14:26 Playhouse revamp cost to rise by £2m
- 14:24 Road to shut for up to four weeks
- 14:23 Woman accused of curfew breaches
- 14:21 Fire crew called to Workington blaze
- 14:21 Prison governor hospitalised after 'unprovoked inmate attack' at...
- 14:21 Bongo's Bingo's back!